Bushcraft - Sweden 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Yggdrasil

May 18, 2005
Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
According to a friend of mine the Final A2 exam is on the 29th of june this year. so hopefully i will have subjects where the exams are a little earlier. For bibblesby i have to go backj to school after my AS exams this year on the 13th of june to start the A2 course just as arctic hobo says, therefore it would just be taking normal days off school for you... in theory. :)
Are you doing A2 exams next year Andy? And so do you think me and you will be finnishing around the same time?

~rob~

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Yggdrasil said:
According to a friend of mine the Final A2 exam is on the 29th of june this year. so hopefully i will have subjects where the exams are a little earlier. For bibblesby i have to go backj to school after my AS exams this year on the 13th of june to start the A2 course just as arctic hobo says, therefore it would just be taking normal days off school for you... in theory. :)
Are you doing A2 exams next year Andy? And so do you think me and you will be finnishing around the same time?

~rob~
Not sure what A2 exams are. I'm finishing 9'th grade now (i'm 16) and will be heading of to boarding school next year, but i'll be long done by the end of June. :)

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Snow? Sweden is not THAT far north :lol:

Temperature will be roughly the same as in the UK, ie everything from 12C and hailstorms to 25C and baking sun is possible.

Jan 31, 2005
Germany
Fantastic idea as I was thinking of planning a trip to Sweden (mainly canoeing) but could fit that in I'm sure. It would be nice to meet likeminded people. The thing is will my dogs be allowed to come? There are skilled at bushcraft and quite chilled.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
missy mycelium said:
The thing is will my dogs be allowed to come? There are skilled at bushcraft and quite chilled.

If your dogs doesn't yet have their pet travel passports it is high time to start the process! It's at least a six months process and quite expensive :eek: Been there, done that.

In general it isn't any kind of problem to bring dogs into the Swedish countryside, during certain time periods they have to be kept on a lead at all times. For the amount of walking planned on this trip they should do well, but the dogfood for a week will be heavy :p

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
missy mycelium said:
Fantastic idea as I was thinking of planning a trip to Sweden (mainly canoeing) but could fit that in I'm sure. It would be nice to meet likeminded people. The thing is will my dogs be allowed to come? There are skilled at bushcraft and quite chilled.

MM
If you check out the second post in this thread (by moi ;)) - you'll find a link to a PDF-file with all sorts of info. On the last page of the file there is something about dogs:
If a dog is brought along, it is required, for the benefit of the property owner, that it be on a leash the entire time. This applies year-round. Dogs may not be let lose in and at the cabins.

And as Tommy WF says, you have to think about the amount of dog food, pet travel passports and maybe even inocculations etc.

IIRC Andy has a dog aswell ...

Jan 31, 2005
Germany
Thanks for the link to the PDF Ahjno. Yep, they both have their passports and are jabbed up to the nines and as for the food they eat the dry stuff so that ain't so bad - I'm used to heaving their stuff around with me.

T

theorsmeister

Nice plan mate

I would love to go and hopefully can, only two problems,

I will only be 17 then so my folks might need some persuading and I might not has the cash - (u never no, might be able to do a spot of fundraising!!!

Great idea though, and I always wanted to go to Sweden!

You#ll here from me soon

T

theorsmeister

Really, thought i put 1988,

sorry, must have mistyped, i'll correct it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE