Bushcraft & Survial Skills Magazine - How to get your back copies / resolve subscription issues

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

UKAndyB

Jun 30, 2018
Flintshire. North Wales
Went through my bank and got a refund for the automatically renewed subscription. Log into your Bushcraft account and make sure that the automatic renewal is not ticked. It defaults to automatically ON!

Reactions: CLEM
Nov 26, 2020
Petersfield
Interesting that issue 87 was for sale on ebay up until March!!!! Someone has got copies of it, just not the official website it would seem!

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
I have bought a few copies over the years from the Woodland Ways shop and although interesting enough have also considered them expensive. A good book on bushcraft/survival can be bought secondhand for that money.
As for subscriptions not being honoured, that just seems criminal to me. Hard times or not, people have paid good money for them!

Reactions: FerlasDave

Swampy99

Jun 8, 2022
Australia
I have placed a subscription in good faith with this company in june 2021 to have the magazines sent to me in Australia as we have nothing like it down under. Having not received a single copy and now 6 months of emails to Adam Byrne, David Thompson and the "customer service" team plus having to highlight the issue in public comments on the bushcraft & survival magazine facebook and instagram page to then get blocked and all comments deleted (i have screen shots) with no refund or magazine is outrageous. The fact that the company went into insolvency in 2019 and is still trading is a bit dodgy in my eyes. From reading all the other posts I think now that I am never going to get my money or product and that I have been robbed of $70 AUD for nothing. If anyone is going to the show, even after this, and see David Thompson just mention how they have stolen money.

Thank you
Swampy

Reactions: nigelp

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
OK looks like i ot robbed to we just signed up for 2 years and david keeps giving me stories can anyone fill us in on this asap thanks , please pm if you can on what we should do as i thought it was still trading

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
I have placed a subscription in good faith with this company in june 2021 to have the magazines sent to me in Australia as we have nothing like it down under. Having not received a single copy and now 6 months of emails to Adam Byrne, David Thompson and the "customer service" team plus having to highlight the issue in public comments on the bushcraft & survival magazine facebook and instagram page to then get blocked and all comments deleted (i have screen shots) with no refund or magazine is outrageous. The fact that the company went into insolvency in 2019 and is still trading is a bit dodgy in my eyes. From reading all the other posts I think now that I am never going to get my money or product and that I have been robbed of $70 AUD for nothing. If anyone is going to the show, even after this, and see David Thompson just mention how they have stolen money.

Thank you
Swampy
hi mate i will be sure to ask for your money as well because we are now going to do a drive over to the show and see about getting our money back and i can not log on to the account it is blocked to stop me changhing it from renew ever 2 years we are now going to have ot chancel the credit card and star ta new so he and the tyeam will get some choice words from me

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Go to your bank and explain what's happened and get your money back from them. Advise them that you ate blocked from cancelling the subscription, and you don't want to subscribe anymore, and see if the bank can stop any more renewals or you might find money going out when you least expect it.

Also, if they are taking your money, not providing goods, and refusing to allow you to cancel , I'd say this is fraud, so may sadly be worth reporting to the relevant authorities like the police.
I've stopped buying it a few years ago as at least two issues were mainly advertising the show, or praising the show afterwards, not much about bushcraft skills at all.
Then they had some problems with illness at the beginning of covid, after that, nothing but problems. Such a shame, as it once was a good, if expensive read.
You can buy decent books for the money you'd waste on them now.
Take a protest banner to the show, in case they won't talk to you, and walk round with it. I would!

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I'm not sure what's going on with them. I know people who have current subscriptions and are getting the magazines on a regular basis (every two months I think). But, this is a new company and it probably does not carry any liabilities for the old one. I'm afraid that's normal practice when companies are bought out of administration or similar.

The original company run by Simon Ellar and Olivier Ellar was dissolved in May 2019. The insolvency practitioner was/is Timothy Frank Corfield 26/28 Goodall Street, Walsall, West Midlands, WS1 1QL.

I'm having difficulty finding the owners and the trading name of the new company but if anyone has an issue of the new mag it should be detailed in there and it's a simple job to find the names of directors and other 'persons of interest' (if they are a registered company of course).

The owner of the website (and I suspect the company) is:

david@bushcraftandsurvivalskills.com

David Thompson
Wain House
Hampton on the Hill
Warwick

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Hi guys and girl
Well i am trying the bank who say there is not much we can do until after a response from the vendor which i am just checking now and then will know more , but i am trying to get the bank to block the renewal because i just feel it is a little unsafe and this being our first type of purchase like this oh well now i know why i do not trust this sort of online sub thing .
So glad i have found this site and we are going to the show so watch this space well health permitting we will be at the show lol i am sure if i do not get the sub or money back i will have my finacial advisor with me or he other name is the boss "THE WIFE " .
Looking forwar to some great reads on here and any books you can point me toward would be great .
Ok update bank are blocking it and any futher transactions and as we only use the card for a couple of things they said no fear of it being used abroad as they would block and lock anything like that right away .
They have said report to the police also as fraud and that may move him to give the money back , but also he blocked me on facebook to so looks like he is trying to cover and hide shall we say .
I hope he is atthe show because if it is just staff not fair for them to take a tongue lashing , thanks for a great site wish i had found you sooner but hey we live and learn have nasty the web can be as the spider says to the fly come in to my parlour .

Last edited:

Elsenham 177

Forager
Dec 23, 2020
Essex
Bushcraft world
Eva cottage
Foxes Lane
Coldham
Bishops wood
St19 9bj
Tel 0330 043 1907
Email info@bushcraftmagazine.com
Jack Lindley operations manager
Jack@bushcraftmagazine.com
Adam bryne
Communications manager
adam@bushcraftmagazine.com

I took this information from issue 99 jan/Feb. Don't won't to rub salt in the wound but I cancelled my standing order with them and have received the last 3 issues free. Hope the info helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Broch

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
It gets even more intriguing :)

Bushcraft World Ltd was dissolved in August 2022 with the previous director, David Thompson, owing the company £15,000 from a director's loan. I can find no company trading as Bushcraft World now or even names similar to that.

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
You guys are so good it is getting like a curly wurly more twists and turns in the story , David promised to get back to me today but has not , i spoke to the police who are calling me back in a few days as i have a funeral tomorrow and well just need head sapce time , my wife treated me asa birthday treat because of my health we can not do much but we saw funky prepper rave about the show and when i went to the show page to see ticket price my wife signed me up to the magazine as a treat / late birthday pressie and now well we are very sectical about doing these sort of online things and well been proved right on our first go ripped off by the seems .
Thanks all and we do need to get the word out to stop more signing up until they prove they are honest or not

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Bushcraft world
Eva cottage
Foxes Lane
Coldham
Bishops wood
St19 9bj
Tel 0330 043 1907
Email info@bushcraftmagazine.com
Jack Lindley operations manager
Jack@bushcraftmagazine.com
Adam bryne
Communications manager
adam@bushcraftmagazine.com

I took this information from issue 99 jan/Feb. Don't won't to rub salt in the wound but I cancelled my standing order with them and have received the last 3 issues free. Hope the info helps
It is David Thompson that owns it now supposed but he seems slippery like an eel .

It is now trading as bushcraft and survivall magazine but the CC recipt says bushcraft magazine .com

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
I'd be very careful dealing with him; the liquidators were unable to get him to pay the money he owed the company (and hence the creditors) last year.
Thank you Broch well we live and learn this is why i am not a great fan of the net i love the learning bit it is all the scams you have to avoid in doing so , but i hope he shows up at the bushcraft show because i am taking my secret weapon (the wife) lol she has been known to make grown men cry and lock themselves in rooms from her lol

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
I'd be very careful dealing with him; the liquidators were unable to get him to pay the money he owed the company (and hence the creditors) last year.
Hi Broch well David has been good to his word and even dropped the magazines and bottle off today i was out but left with neighbour so i have asked him what is going on and can he explain so i can let you good people and other subbies still wait to find out whats going on , it appears he may just have to much on his plate taking over the magazine and all it entails i guess , i hope he is going ot get it up and running fairly for all because it came highly recommend to me to join .

Ok well if he does reply and let me know whats going on and why the issues i will be sure to pass it on here , i will also be popping to see him at the show and will ask him in person if the issues have been sorted , to anyone waiting you might have to just push a bit but as i have said he has come through so we shall see as time goes on but here is hoping

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Sore subject with me, won’t forgive them lost 2 years worth of subscriptions. Bad enough trying to write this comment !
Hi Mike we are going to the bushcraft show and if you pm your details i wil be surre to give them to David at the show , i do not want to play middle man on it but as i said he did come good to his word and even hand delivered ours so i am hoping it is all the take over and stuff that is causing him the issues but we shall see , as i say i am happy to pass details to David at the show i am not sure what details other than say your name and subscription number is all i would need to give him for him to chase it up and may be give you a new free sub if you lost 2 years , again i am nothing to do with the mag and just trying to help

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE