bushcraft staff (zombie sticker)

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
i wanted to post an up date on this post, as ever some one off here has done use all proud and come to the help of another member. big thinks Phil.
so i asked for a spike turning for my walking staff and its came today and i have mounted it up thought i would post the photos up. i have had this stick a while and over the time i have used it made changes to it, i think its just about done now.

Wigan-20120611-00106 by carlhamer, on Flickr
my bushcraft staff.

Wigan-20120611-00103 by carlhamer, on Flickr
steel spike (this is mostly solid steel so a good weight and heavy)

Wigan-20120611-00100 by carlhamer, on Flickr
the steel spike you can see how thick the walls are.

Wigan-20120611-00104 by carlhamer, on Flickr
my blacksmiths rams head bone and buffalo horn spacers and leather grip (this is one bit of leather grove cut for grip wet formed and stitch to the shaft)
thanks for looking.

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
ok making a joke about the zombie sticker but i tend to use my staff in the woods and in winter, works a dream for grip, as well as being able to use it as a digging stick and great for sticking in the ground.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
ok making a joke about the zombie sticker but i tend to use my staff in the woods and in winter, works a dream for grip, as well as being able to use it as a digging stick and great for sticking in the ground.

I like an alpine spike on some of my sticks too,needed on an icy hillside in winter and great for what you say above.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its a nice staff that. I would be tempted to make a rubber shoe for the spike for summer and road use - Easy enough to do with a solid rubber bung for a demijohn. Then you have the spike for ice and a nice grippy foot for road walking or rock walking that avoids dulling the spike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE