Bushcraft sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

_Geraint_

Feb 8, 2008
Lancashire
So what's the typical bushcraft sleeping bag for someone on a budget? I.e sub £100

Size is a bit of an issue it really needs to be compact but no so compact that it's temperature rating isn't good enough for mildly chilly nights.

I originally posted this on BB, but looking for some more insight.

I've got my eyes on two bags, the Snugpak Softie 9 Hawk and the Snugpak Softie Elite stage 3

However I can only afford to get one. :)

Cheers.

_Geraint_

Feb 8, 2008
Lancashire
The Alpkit have a few downsides i'm not too keen on.

I would prefer synthetic as it's easier to clean, they don't pack as small as other bags and they are a bit pricey.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
The elite 3's a good bag, I've used it a fair bit this winter. Warm, tough, light (compared with the Nanok -10 though not as big)... it would be my first choice if I had to have 1 bag that'd last me 95% of the year.

_Geraint_

Feb 8, 2008
Lancashire
I've been informed that the only difference between the Elite's and the Softies is the the Softies are made in the UK and the Elites are made in the far east.

There is about £20 difference to have the Softie that's made in the UK.

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
I slept in a sleeper lite a few weeks ago and was quite impressed with the quality for the £30 my mate had paid for it. Some of the material does feel cheap though, well not as soft as softie if that makes any sense and the zip seemed prone to snagging but overall not a bad buy if your on a budget.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
My fav is a down pattern 58 ex issue. Picked it up for £65 never used. Its a bit heavyer than modern bags but is tres snug in the cold. Apart from that its a simple millets 3 season job purchased in the sale.

Sandsnakes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE