Bushcraft Skills Aberdeenshire

Oct 9, 2006
Aberdeen
I was speaking to a guy at work who is involved with the Forsetry Commission a lot and he mentioned a Bushcraft course they are running. It is being held in Aberdeenshire near to Monymusk and is on the 11th -13th May.
I don't think I can make it myself, but thought I would post it here and others may be interested. All the details I have are below, if I get anything extra I will follow it up.

11-13 May Bush craft: Wilderness Living Skills (Fri evening to Sunday afternoon), Monymusk area.
Involves 2 nights in the forest. Contact: Jackie - Tel 07799 658 209 or email: Jackie.Cumberbirch@forestry.gsi.gov.uk . For 18 year old and over.
There is a charge for this event. Booking required.

Oct 9, 2006
Aberdeen
I got a reply from the course organiser and have put it below. They also supplied a kit list but it is just the basics you would take anyway. They sent a timetable if anyone is interested, let me know and I will post it as well.

--------------------------------
If you are interested you need to book a place ASAP as numbers are limited and we have VERY few spaces left. Send a deposit of £30 made payable to Forestry commission Scotland and send to Aberdeenshire Forest District Portsoy Road, Huntly AB54 4SJ and also let me know by email!

Thanks

Jackie Cumberbirch

Bush craft: Wilderness Living Skills
Date: Friday 11 - Sunday 13 May 2007

Meet; 18.30 pm at Grant Arms Hotel, Monymusk for tea before setting out in to the forest

Time: From 18.30 pm on Friday to 16.30 on Sunday 13 May : includes 2 overnight stays in the forest

Cost: £55/£45 concessions This course is aimed at 18 year olds and over. Breakfast, Lunch and Saturday tea included in the price along with training.

Contact: Jackie Cumberbirch Tel 07799 658 209or email: Jackie.Cumberbirch@forestry.gsi.gov.uk

Date to book by: ASAP - AS NUMBERS RESTRICTED

Full equipment list will be given and more details once booked on the course.

A great opportunity to learn more about living in the forest environment. Richard Strivens (experienced bush craft and outdoor leader) who will be running this course on behalf of Forestry Commssion Scotland. Richard will cover basics bush craft skills within that time.e.g. Shelter building, fire lighting (using a number of modern and traditional methods), natural cordage and safe use of knives and some other woodland tools plus general living out in the woods. We intend to cook a deer ( Hangi cooking) on Saturday evening for tea!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE