Bushcraft skill share part deux

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
H i folks, as I have not been able to get to any of the recent meets I thought I would organize a skill share meet for February 2012.
The dates will be 17th,18th and 19th,and the venue will be http://www.wooplaw.org.uk/. Which is in the Scottish borders.

I have also booked the log cabin for our use,as I realize some won’t want to camp if the weather is inclement,the cabin has a wood burning stove so it could be heated if it gets really cold.
The site also has composting loos.But alas no water on site,so it would be a case of bringing some with you to last the weekend. It would be great if people could bring a bag of logs,so it would help reduce the impact on the site. Also a minimum donation of £2.50 per person,per day which will go to Wooplaw community woodland to help maintain this great resource.

I do realize that this is some time away,but I wanted to give you as much advance notice as possible.

So with that sorted out,please add your name to the list,plus if you want to share a skill add that as well.
Cheers Stuart.

Name. Skill share.

Stuart f. -Hand drill,Primitive fish hooks, Basic net knitting.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'll try and make this one too, skills to share would probably be a tracking session and tea making :)

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sounds good Stuart :D
No idea what I can share that others don't already do, but I'd love to come along :)
I'm pretty sure Dharma would too, but she'll not camp at that time of year.....we'll see.

cheers,
M

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks,a wee update.

I have been talking with Ian S. and he has kindly offered to do a bit of green wood working whilst at the meet.

Would anyone be interested in doing any?

I will of course let you know what will be on offer,when we get things sorted out.

Cheers Stuart.

Ps all are welcome to the meet,whether you have anything or not to share.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Hi mac,yeah this is still going ahead.

I,ve spoken with Ian s and he said he may set up pole laithes for a bit of green wood turning,if anyone is interested.

Cheers Stuart.

I would be interested in the green wood turning Stuart

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE