Bushcraft skill share part deux

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MAGENTA JEN

Jan 2, 2012
uk
Bronskimac
Stuart f
Ian S
Jag009
Wildrover
Barn Owl
JohnC
Doc
Wayland
Bojit
Allybally
andybysea(hopefully)
magenta jen

I see a couple of familiar names on this list ... :)

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Bronskimac
Stuart f
Ian S
Jag009
Wildrover
Barn Owl
JohnC
Doc
Wayland
Bojit
Allybally
andybysea(hopefully)
magenta jen
Orric (green surfing bear)
Two dogs (toilet digger)
Rod Paradise (hopefully)

Only worry is if the old dears pick that weekend as part of their holiday & I'm dog-sitting. If not - I'm in.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I might be able to make it.
very provisional, but I'm in the UK at the time and may be able to come.

Looks like I'm a go for this so;

Bronskimac
Stuart f
Ian S
Jag009
Wildrover
Barn Owl
JohnC
Doc
Wayland
Bojit
Allybally
andybysea(hopefully)
magenta jen
Orric (green surfing bear)
Two dogs (toilet digger)
Rod Paradise (hopefully)
Graham_s

Last edited:

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
I wouldnt mind getting on this wagon myself! Pending on operation on the 20th of this month and how long they give me to lie up, i might just get there!

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks,seeing as its nearly only 4 weeks to the meet i thought we might like to discuss a few things.

As i said in the first post,there is a log cabin at wooplaw to use as shelter,but we will also have a group shelter round the fire pit,as i have a chute that i will erect for our use.I also have a tiley lamp that we can suspend up inside the canopy,to light up it at night,but we may need something for inside the cabin itself. We could just use candles for it though.

Also whats folks thoughts on a communal meal for maybe the Saturday night? Wooplaw has 2 fire pits plus 2 sheltered BBQs so cooking for everyone should,nt be a problem,but if need be i also have a raised fire pit that we could use. Could i just say again if there are going to quite a few people coming,could you maybe bring some logs to keep the home fires burning please,as i really don,t want to use the wood from Wooplaw itself.

Is there anything else anyone can think of we need to cover?

Cheers Stuart.

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
Also whats folks thoughts on a communal meal for maybe the Saturday night? Wooplaw has 2 fire pits plus 2 sheltered BBQs so cooking for everyone should,nt be a problem,but if need be i also have a raised fire pit that we could use. Could i just say again if there are going to quite a few people coming,could you maybe bring some logs to keep the home fires burning please,as i really don,t want to use the wood from Wooplaw itself.
Cheers Stuart.

how do the communal meals go? does each person bring an ingredient?

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Hi Stuart , being a community woodland i presume that dogs are allowed on site as we seem to have adopted one.

Craig......

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I told you that would happen

Jason

What can i say , apart from the fact that i live in a house full of women and was totally outvoted !

Even the dog is one !! I think i might give George at Comrie Croft a call and see if they have a Kata i can stay in long term - on my own!!!!

Craig..........

Ian S

On a new journey
Nov 21, 2010
Edinburgh
Hi Stuart , being a community woodland i presume that dogs are allowed on site as we seem to have adopted one.

Craig......

I'm sure Stuart won't mind me answering this question....yes, dogs are fine. As you'd expect, the dog will be your responsibility, but if it's well enough behaved you can happily let it off the lead for the whole time if you want. Pretty please if the dog cr*ps on the paths or other 'open' areas, clear it up (as you would if you were walking your dog in a park at home).

A wee point worth mentioning. Please be aware that some people (ie me!) are allergic to dogs, so you might need to take this into consideration. Having said that, I have gone to Wooplaw several times with a mate who has a dog. The dog knows that I won't play with him, and he just does his own thing off the lead. Mate enjoys himself, dog enjoys himself, I enjoy myself, all good.

Cheers

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE