Bushcraft Show

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sounds like you had a great trip Elen and lots of fun. On the nav front, do you wear a magnetic wrist bracelet of any kind, A lot of folk do who have joint problems and it'll throw the compass out badly. Took me ages to figure out what was going on with a group I was teaching years ago as in the "class setting" they could do the theory perfectly.

Glad you had fun,
GB.

Sorry I missed you! No, don't wear any magnetic bracelet thingies. I don't wear a watch either as I used make them go haywire, also radios! I'm OK with mobile phones, computers and radios/TVs again now but maybe it's moved on to compasses ... ??? :yikes:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sorry I missed you! No, don't wear any magnetic bracelet thingies. I don't wear a watch either as I used make them go haywire, also radios! I'm OK with mobile phones, computers and radios/TVs again now but maybe it's moved on to compasses ... ??? :yikes:

It's your magnetic personality;), I was the same for years with quartz watches, why I wear a self winder now. That and being calm helps, things used to go fizzle when I got stressed/upset. Now I smile everyday.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It's your magnetic personality;), I was the same for years with quartz watches, why I wear a self winder now. That and being calm helps, things used to go fizzle when I got stressed/upset. Now I smile everyday.

:rofl:... I must remember to smile at the compass next time! Agree about the fizzle, the lads who worked for me when I was in charge of programming 20+ years ago knew exactly when I came into the building as their radio would go crackle-pop-squirt until I came into the room and sat down !!!

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
We also discovered when the fire-spinning guy was on that if you put on some thumpy music that Elen can outpace Usain Bolt.

Pawprints

May 29, 2013
Sheffield
We are newbee bushcrafters but have long been keen campers and hikers, we have just spent the three nights at the bushcraft show, we happened to be next to a tepee containing a nice man ( AKA Treadlightly) and his black dog Monty. We were introduced to BushcraftingUK forum by him, thanks!

The show was good for us and especially the kids who learnt safe knife handling from Ian from Lonescout, tracking by Pablo and JP, and plantlore by Ben McNut among many other activities. We all enjoyed the exotic animal and I had the pleasure of being volunteered to hold a tarantula and my wife a scorpion.

The parkland was very nice, my daughter (9) enjoyed being allowed to take Monty for walks as she is dog mad , thank you Treadlightly, and my son (7) lit four fires over the weekend, the final fire was built all on his own. (with Matches).

We are now hooked and are keen to get out again on the weekends over the summer months.

Once again, thank you to Treadlightly for letting us befriend him and Monty.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE