*** Bushcraft school in the Netherlands ***

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello there,

In the Netherlands there are far, far less bushcraft schools than in the UK.

A very good school however is Tornak Bushcraft.

They give many different types of courses, all in a pleasant relaxed sphere.

I have followed several courses here and learned a lot!

I have bin to Finland last September and in March next year we are going there again for a winter experience.

They also have a webstore with lots of handy things, all tried before placing them in the store.

www.tornakbushcraft.nl

P

Phantom

so do you think that there's a buisness for bushcraft schools in the netherlands :confused:
phantom :D

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
penvisser said:
Why wouldn't there be buisness for bushcraft schools in the Netherlands???

Jan

To me it seems likely that you are in the same league as Britain. Very little wilds and too many people. I believe there is a latent need for humans to experience nature (the concrete jungle doesn't count ;) ). The problem is that, to my knowledge, you have no "pack leader" like Britain has. Ray Mears is THE only reason why bushcraft is disproportionately popular in the UK.

P

Phantom

i meant that if there is not many schools there do you think it would be worth anyone starting up a buisness there. and would they get enough work?
phantom

torjusg said:
To me it seems likely that you are in the same league as Britain. Very little wilds and too many people. I believe there is a latent need for humans to experience nature (the concrete jungle doesn't count ;) ). The problem is that, to my knowledge, you have no "pack leader" like Britain has. Ray Mears is THE only reason why bushcraft is disproportionately popular in the UK.

We do receive Discovery Channel and BBC in the Netherlands, Ray Mears may not live in the Netherlands but that does not mean we can't watch the man.

i meant that if there is not many schools there do you think it would be worth anyone starting up a buisness there. and would they get enough work?
phantom

It is more likely to get a business started when there are less companies who'll do the same than there are a lot of them.
Rule of demand and supply

Best regards,

Jan

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Phantom said:
phantom

Phan, ;)

I think it's a combination of what Torjus and Jan said:

Too many people and concrete, not enough green stuff - therefor less bushcraft schools ... combined with the fact we haven't got our own Ray (we borrow yours :p :eek: ) makes there's no real interest in the subject. Less demand, less supply.

Good thing though there's another school!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE