Bushcraft Knife - Stuart Mitchell

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
Hi everybody,

This is for sale over on BB as well. It's been there a couple of days and hands have been kept firmly in pockets, so I thought I'd try for some extra exposure here...:)

This is a fantastic version of a commonly copied knife. It's not Stu's fault - I commissioned it :D

Anyway, here's the knife in question:
WW3.jpg

It's 8 1/2" OAL, with an exactly 4" blade (I wanted it slightly shorter than most woody-type things). 4mm thick Sandvik 12C27.

White linen micarta and stainless hidden bolt fasteners.

Beatifully balanced, with a nicely tapered tang.
WW2.jpg

I asked Stu to make me a crisply designed 'minimalist' woodlore type thing with forgiving and durable materials. Hence the micarta and 12C27 (an underrated and very fine steel IMHO).

It is flawlessly executed and a joy to handle. It has been sheathed fantastically by Singtek...
WW1.jpg

Both knife and sheath are mint. :)

An outstanding example of a contemporary bushcraft knife. :)

I should make a drawer queen of it so I can get the thing out when Stu's famous - but I simply can't afford to :rolleyes: And it will make a really great user...

So, I'd like £160 for it. At that price it owes me a fair bit, but I need to sell... NOW £150 NOW SOLD

Price includes Paypal fees and RMSD to anywhere.

Thanks for looking,
Rod

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I can't believe this is still here - as I mentioned in my heads up thread, this is the same hardness as the 01 tool steel, with NO RUST fear.

Mine is very similar - slightly longer, and a joy to use. This is silly money for a beautiful knife which is superb value for money and a great user. They are not that hard to sharpen - get em on the £5 sharpening kit.

This is worth twice the money, honest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE