Bushcraft knife (sort of)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wettstuff

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2005
Ascot
After reading all the posts of this site about folk carving i thought it was about time i gave it a go. I started with a spoon, but a moment lapse of concetration and i was left with a shaft and a bowl, but in two pieces. Oh well at least i know where i went wrong. Then i thought about carving a knife as i had seen one done on here before(cant remeber when or by whom thought)

Anyway, its silver birch, oal lenght is 8 1/2", blade length is 3 1/2", finished in two coats of olive oil for the minute, untill i remeber to pick up some danish oil.

DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
Nice job...

For Danish oil Wilkinson's or Robert Dyas are the 'best value' (ie cheapest) I've found...except I always find other things I need when I go in there.

I haven't tried putting it on top of an oil finish...

Wettstuff

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2005
Ascot
cheers guys, still needs a bit of work i think, the fifnish is a bit rough, only sanded with 120 grit and some old fine sandpaper i had lying around,
Jan the blades to flexible to be a butter knife i reckon, it would probably snap. when i make another one im going to make it thicker at the ricasso(think thats right).

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE