Bushcraft in Bulgaria, Eastern Europe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Anyone been here to do kayaking/canoeing or bushcraft ?
The weather is a bit cold now but its a short winter here with not much rain but lots of snow.
It warms up about March, warm enough to camp out.

Never been myself, but it might be worth a PM to sandbender, who lives part time in Hungary. Can't be that different!

Dano

Forager
Nov 24, 2005
UK
never been but my In-Laws moved there last year, near Veliko Turnovo I think, what is the fishing like over there? what permits would I need should I get over there next year?

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Been there more times than i care to remember, Varna is great spot down on the Black Sea coast

freespin

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2008
Washington
Bulgaria...... bushcraft is a life! Normally spend 4 or 5 month a year there. Live in a village full of old traditions, walk with my village cronies, show me traditional herbs, plants etc.
Have been given 4 hand carved spoons, shown how to make rakia/ spirit from fruit. Miles and miles of forest straight from my back garden. Still cook on wood stoves, open fires............. roll on March. Bulgaria here I come.
Freespin

Anyone been here to do kayaking/canoeing or bushcraft ?
The weather is a bit cold now but its a short winter here with not much rain but lots of snow.
It warms up about March, warm enough to camp out.

Why don't you do a review? :) I'd love to go with my good lady especially to canoe and camp. Is there canoe hire there? Is there free access to the woods? What's the danger from the Bulgarian mafia? ;)

freespin

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2008
Washington
Hi
Review.............. I would not know where to start, just learning about these computers, forums etc.
Hav'nt found any canoe hire yet, plenty of rafting but most appears to be organised trips.
Access no problem.......... if it does not have a fence you can go there..... took me ages to get my head around that. Law says you can camp anywhere except private fenced land. Basically I have seen people camp everywhere. 200 plus caves where I hang out, havnt found one yet that does not have the remains of a recent fire.
Mafia..... only operate in cities , where the money or eu grants are! A few do have holiday homes in the villages but love having Brits as friends neighbours etc. They struggle to comprehend why I dont want a swimming pool or walk/ forage in the woods like a villager when I can buy food!
Great people, not so modern life............ great for us!
Go have a look.
Always happy to help, advise.
F

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE