Bushcraft Friends/Fiends - Sussex Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
well me and pete had a great time, it was really nice meeting you both, cheers for getting the drinks in lamper next time i'll make sure to repay the favour. Ash good luck in sneaking in a honey past your wife ;)

TJ
No worries on the drinks, as I invited you all, its only right I play good host - plus free pint for the big fella was a bonus!!

Good to meet you both as well.

MEET UPDATE: I spoke to the warden about the 15-16th and its not a good one. There will be a large service crew on site that weekend so they would prefer another weekend. (Even though I volunteers you both for work and me for making tea!)

So looks like it could be the 29th when Ash is back. I'm in Wales for the bank holiday so cant be the 22nd-23rd.

Anyway, there are other sites for 15-16th. We could look at Broadstone Warren?

Let me know what you wanna do.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
Guys

Just wanted to add my thanks for organising the pub meet, looking forward to future get togethers.

The extra pint was a bonus, and I am sure we can find a way to get the honey stove under the radar!

Let me know about the potential dates

ash

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
well your the one that knows the sites, so if you reckon broadstone is good then book us in, we can go to parkwood at a later date when ash is back.

TJ

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Guy,

Got a email back from Broadstone Warren over the weekend. No joy.

They wont allow private parties there as they require public liability insurance to do so, which they don't have and don't want to get as scout groups come with their own.

There are some other options I think.

- Blacklands Farm (http://www.girlguiding.org.uk/xq/asp/sID.108/qx/centres/article.asp)
- Bushy Wood - (http://www.bushywood.org.uk/)
- Hillside (not a lot of info and I've never been there) http://www.glswscouts.org.uk/campsites/search?q=H&n=19

Neil1: You're more than welcome to come along. We are trying to keep the groups small at the moment until the wardens have an understanding about what we are trying to do.

All: Going to try for the end of August, but being bank holiday the site could well be busy. I'll let you know.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
bushy wood is literally a ten minute walk from toby’s house. iv been there a few times before when i was in scouts but that was a long time ago.

'Our site is intended for use by the Scout & Guide organisations, but it may also be used by other recognised youth organisations, schools and other organisations upon approval.'

we are hardly a recognised youth organisation so im not sure bushy wood is an option but i guess there is no harm in asking

pete

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
if you can get bushy wood that would be brilliant, i've wanted to try there for a while but im not an licensed organisation nor can i flaunt ex scout leader credentials. but tbh anywhere is fine, its only the first meet to get to know each other better and trade knowledge, location isnt important untill we start getting larger groups out.

TJ

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have just found this thread & would be interested in joining in with a regular meet in Sussex. I had a mail from lamper a while back, in response to a thread looking for Sussex groups, but have been really busy sorting out some domestic issues so have not had the time to get into things until now. I am fairly new to Bushcraft but have got the bug now & since I went to the Wilderness Gathering last weekend I am keen to find some local people (& a regular wood...) where we can practice our skills etc..

If there is going to be another meet I will definatly be interested. I am in Arundel but dont mind travelling within the West or East Sussex area. Dave

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Hi Dave,

No meets have happened as yet. I am in training for a charity walk in Nepal, so havent had time to sort anything out.

We need to find some locations around here, but don't wait for me!! If you guys can/want to organise something go for it!!

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Thanks for the reply. I will ask some people I know who have access to a couple of woods in Sussex (one near Horsham & a small copse near Shoreham, which are owned by other people). Come to think of it, a guy I see every once in a while owns a wood near Horsham so I will have a word with him when I see him nex to see if he is ameanablet, which will probably be on Sunday.

There is also a Bushcraft school near Arundel called the Forset Knights which is run by a gentleman called Wayne, who I think may be on BCUK, that have access to woods. I will see if I can track him down to have a chat to see if we could come to an arrangement access to their woods for Sussex BCUK meets. Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE