Bushcraft friendly campsite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tyla

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2006
Sussex, UK
Some of you may remember at the end of last year I posted about guided bushcraft walk in the rewilded lands of Knepp Castle, as it turned out there wasn't the market for it at a price that made sense financially which was a shame.

I thought you might be interested to know that we are now up and running with the campsite, which I am pleased to say that the majority of it was built with my own fair hands, and the safaris. The campsite may be of particular interest as contained fires, pitch your own bell tents and whittling are all encouraged!

I wont put a link up as I don't know if I'm allowed but if you google knepp safaris you should be able to find it

Cheers

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Googling now, thanks for sharing and best of luck with it all

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
looks a cool place building up there but serious ouch on the price of pitching a tent, if i came down from newcastle i'd want to stay at least a week but my actual home rent works out £45 cheaper per week than it would cost me to pitch my tent for a week on your site, looks a lovely place too even though you have shower block and toilets

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Very best of luck with your venture.

Its always a fraught process 'marketing' in a leisure sector, especially something as 'informal' as Bushcraft. Ultimately it's your livelihood and you need to make a viable living.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'm afraid the cost would diminish my enjoyment, the most i have ever paid to pitch a tent was £8 per night and that was not viable for any long term visit either sadly. Anyhoo maybe that is just me but i resent when camping starts costing the earth (no pun intended)

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
Looks a great place! Good luck and I hope its a massive success.

These are just my opinions. Unless they're wrong.

Tyla

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2006
Sussex, UK
Thanks for the support, sadly we have to charge to allow the place to exist. Pretty much the same as any other service really - you get what you pay for!

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I was up at Knepp a few weeks back at the Fringe, excellent venue.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
With facilities and as many people as you can cram into an 6m belltent etc, the price is very reasonable, by a way ( sites with good facilities + entertainment come in for adults at 20 pp if not more.

Congratulations, are you running the whole keppis project?

Tyla

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2006
Sussex, UK
Kepis, we had a stand there would have been good to meet.

petro, thanks, not sure what you mean about the keppis project but the Knepp Safari project is run by my wife and myself while the estate and re wilding project as a whole is run by the owner

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Congratulations, are you running the whole keppis project?

I dont understand to what you refer to with the Keppis Project, but i should make clear i have absolutely nothing to do with any project at Knepp Castle.

Kepis, we had a stand there would have been good to meet.

That it would have been Tyla, but there is always an opportunity as im only 30 minutes down the road and am quite often up in that area anyway, i too was on stand duty but only got to leave it for comfort breaks as the show was pretty full on all weekend.

Tyla

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2006
Sussex, UK
Next time you are up this way let me know. I would be happy to show you round and the kettle is always on! Pm with number on its way

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE