Bushcraft Courses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stryker

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2008
Durham
Afternoon all,

Has anyone been on, or know of any Bushcraft/Survival courses in the North East of England. There seems to a wide choice in Cumbria/Scotland etc, but none local to my neck of the woods.

Cheers

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
I based my assumption on the fact that I used to visit relatives who lived in Derbyshire with my parents when I was a kid - all I remember is that we used to drive up the M1 and it took a long time......

Perhaps I am not the man to ask as I try not to venture further north than Aylesbury - I have heard in the pub that anywhere north of there the men paint themselves with their own excrement, the women eat their young, and giant eagles carry off anyone hapless enough to be caught in the open!:eek: Sounds terrible - Maybe the journey used to take so long because we had to avoid the giant eagles and dragons?

Stryker

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2008
Durham
Thanks for your replies folks,

Perhaps I was being too narrow minded in looking for a local course. Going further afield than my "comfort zone" may increase my awareness.

Every campfire needs a Geordie to tell jokes!

Stryker

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2008
Durham
Cheers Rich,

That's perfect, exactly what I'm looking for,and your right it looks like it may be right on the doorstep.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
If your looking at next year, we will be offering a range of events purely for adults, both here at Chopwell Wood and Hamsterly Forest (probably overnight and weekend events at Hamsterly Forest too.)
I'm still sorting out the details at the moment.

All our events are run jointly by the Forestry Commission and Friends of Chopwell Wood and all funds raised, are put back into the recreation/education and conservation fund.
Myself, Eric Methven and Ken Jackson provide the skills and experience, as well as our time, for free.

Oh and just for information; the instructor in the cdwes pictures, kneeling by the fire and checking out the shelter?
Well that's me! the pictures were taken here at Chopwell Wood, when I did a 4hour "taster session" for the lads who run cdwes, I think that was 2006 iirc:confused: I don't work for cdwes by the way, nor do I have any other connection with them.

if you want a more Ray Mears type experience, I would strongly recommend "woodsmoke" over in the lakes as your best bet.Ben and Lisa have a good setup, with experienced bushcraft instructors.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you get sorted out;)
cheers
R.B.

Stryker

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2008
Durham
Cheers RB,

I've been on one of your family sessions at Chopwell and you put me onto this site. I sent you a PM but not sure if you got it, as you mentioned possibly Hamsterley as a venue.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Tamarack in Lancashire are good too if you want the bushcraft experiance, cooking, living in the woods etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE