bushcraft campsite in lincs?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
i'm planning a bit of a trip with a couple of mates who are into bushcraft but i've hit a bit of a wall regarding the site. i need somewhere between lincoln and newark if possible transport is a bit of an issue, open fire's would be nice too

cheers
matt

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... somewhere between lincoln and newark if possible ... open fire's would be nice too ...

There's precious little woodland in that area but if you check out the area just north east of Newark on Google's satellite view you'll see some areas that look possible.

Just for the record be very careful with ground fires anywhere in Lincolnshire because the peaty ground can itself catch fire. It can be very difficult to put out, even for the fire service. I would recommend using something like a fire bowl to raise the fire off the ground. It doesn't have to be heavy, it can be just a bit of steel mesh. Put something underneath it (piles of stones, wet logs, whatever) to protect the ground.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
there's no peat anywhere near me i've had hundreds of ground fire's and never had a problem its just the fens

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
have you thought of the woods along the viking way in between woodhall spa and horncastle?? its a huge place! always take my dogs there and do my bushcrafting there. fresh running streams and plenty of mixed woodland...dunno about the fires though...

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
could always try out the woods down the road from cranwell village. thats sleaford way. driven past it a few times but never tried it out. alternatively, head further east to where the turbines are. Plenty of woodland to go exploring. tumby woodside, out the back of coningsby is fun for a bimble. but about 10 miles from sleaford...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE