Bushcraft Brunch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
It's been a while since I posted anything here so I took my camera with me today when I went out for a mooch and a cook-up in

my favourite spot.
DSCF0260.jpg

There was plenty of dead wood around so it didn't take me long to gather the firewood and set about it with the Laplander and

my beloved hatchet.
DSCF0261.jpg

Soon had all the wood chopped and split,

DSCF0263.jpg

Fished out

the ingredients
DSCF0262.jpg

and soon had everything ready to go with a bag of birch bark and fatwood shavings that I brought along from a load I had saved at home.

DSCF0264.jpg

Got the fire going easily

DSCF0266.jpg

but it took quite a bit of TLC to get a good bed of cooking coals as some of the birch logs were a touch damp.

Got there in the end though and got the eggs in the pan
DSCF0267.jpg

and switched on the

bushcraft toaster
DSCF0268-1.jpg

A couple of minutes later I had my

Bushcraft Brunch ready to eat.
DSCF0269.jpg

It went down a treat, didn't take me long to wolf it as I'd built up quite an appetite.

Food always tastes better cooked and eaten in the woods,
Hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed my scran :)

Peace.

Last edited:

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Great pics R3XXY, nice to see you went prepared,looks like you had a good time. I agree Scoff always tastes better cooked and eaten in the woods. Cheers.
Daz

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
great pics mate (and not a bad bit of breakfast either) if the weather's good later on i might have to follow your lead

thanks for posting

stuart

Last edited:

Ryecroft

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 26, 2007
North Shropshire
Recognise the Baker (Roberts), whereabouts is the wood - looks like a good spot, I'm in Cheswardine nr Market Drayton hence the bread familiarity :)

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Great pics bud , that toast egg and beans looked gid ,
but it was crying oot for broon sauce and loads i' black pepper ....

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Recognise the Baker (Roberts), whereabouts is the wood - looks like a good spot

It is quite a good spot, it's in Bickerton, but not quite far enough off the beaten track really, saw one other person while I was out (one too many) and heard a big group of primary school kids a couple of hundred yeards away who must have been out on a trip or something, they spoilt the peace somewhat but only stayed for about an hour and a half.

Glad alll you chaps like my thread, make sure to post some pics of your own outdoor cullinary excursions.

Peace.

Tom

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE