Bushcraft Bow Hunting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
Just an obscure article on subsistance bow hunting in the Ozarks that I though some of you might enjoy. Nice to hear about applications for the bow other than spiking Frenchmen, shooting baited deer from trees and hunting yellow dots.. Funny how wading along a crystal clear river hunting fish with a self made bow was associated with poverty.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...arks+fishing&ndsp=18&hl=en&sa=N&start=54&um=1

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Curtis caught it too

Indian-Bowman.jpg

survival is survival...

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
Hope that description didn't offend you Gloomhound. Sounds like the life to me, free and self-reliant.

red dreads

Nov 14, 2009
Eilean a Cheo
Don't quote me on the APJ1974, but I think I read somewhere its legal to hunt(fish) with a bow on the coast as long as its below the high tide mark and not in fresh water ie not in an estuary .All else is illegal I believe.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
err as in it illegal to hunt animals in the uk using a bow and arrow. As far as I know its perfectly legal to blow Thumper's brains out with a shotgun whether or not he has a nice bow tie on at the time! :lmao:

The Ozarks are in the US. It's a backwoods, mountainfolk folk area, what some people call Hillbillies (some consider this a derogatory term, others a complimentary term, others too a neutral one). A largely self-sufficient, frugal, country-living group.

Of course all discussion of bowhunting on this forum is anecdotal, historical, hypothetical or from foreign lands, since everyone in this country follows all laws at all times, irrespective of how in-tough with reality they are ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE