Bushcraft Booze

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
ye sure, you just pick fruit and add water to it, brew with a air lock as normal, but leave uncovered for the natural yeast to get in for a while first....

it takes longer, allot longer, think of cider, around 7-8 months i think of the top of my head....

natural yeast is on most things, a good example is sloes, that grey silver stuff is natural yeast.... just remember not to put boiling water onto the fruit as it will kill the yeast and ruin the brew...

a good sumer wine is dandilion wine, pick a jug full of the flowers, add some warm (not hot) water and sugar, cover with a cloth and leave some place warm for 1-2 months, nice refreshing summer wine... dont worry about the people next door when they look at you like your nuts, or think you have lawn OCD by picking all the dandilion out of it...;)

hope this helps.

chris.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Two bottles, Arrrgh!!!

I only have one bottle:(

I feel I need a sugar, and something to turn this into booze?

I find a nice patch of sweet apples, crush them and pour the juice into my bottle. If I wait a week will I have some nice Scrumpy?

Steve.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Two bottles, Arrrgh!!!

I only have one bottle:(

I feel I need a sugar, and something to turn this into booze?

I find a nice patch of sweet apples, crush them and pour the juice into my bottle. If I wait a week will I have some nice Scrumpy?

Steve.

Yes.

For an airlock just stuff the neck with cotton wool from a bandage. Lets the co2 out but stops vinegar flies getting in. All fruit contains natural sugars, no additional sugar needed. Birch sap makes a passable wine, maple sap more so, apples, plums, grapes are both sugar and yeast bearing on their skins.

Red

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
sugar is not needed, elderberry is very sweet and would reach about 10 % without sugar if picked very ripe...

as for the cider yes just the juice will turn into cider, brew with an air lock or loose fitting bottle cap....

i brewd wine in Afghan in a juice bottle...:):):):):):):):)

Oct 24, 2011
I have never made this myself. I do not drink only at weddings and yule. But I have tried it and the last time I lost 24 hours can not remember a thing. It is called Uoch well thats what my mate calls it. But he had been already drinking it all morning. ( his birthday ) He was not making a lot of sense.

Well this is how to make Uoch

You get a large Vegetable Marrow.

you then stand it up on end and cut the top off about 1" thick

you then scoup it out leaving about 1 1/2" all around the sides and 2" at the bottom.

you then fill it to the top with brown sticky suger.

you stand it up on a shelf and pop the top on.

you go back every day and if the suger has gone down you top it up.

after a week stop putting the suger in and keep an eye on it.

when all the fleshy part has gone and only the skin is left.

stran it through a cloth and it is ready to go.

be careful sideafects inculed lose of memory, Use of the lower part of the body.

P.S have no idea what will happen if distiled.

hope you injoy it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE