Bushcraft and survival skills magazine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 26, 2020
Petersfield
Already did last week and he said something about the office flooding so needed to get more in stock. He said he would post them straight away and I would get them around Wednesday of last week. Alas, still nothing.

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
We've finally had an official update from the company on Facebook, I will post it here word for word.

TO ALL OUR BUSHCRAFT & SURVIVAL SKILLS MAGAZINE AND BUSHCRAFT SHOW FRIENDS
Firstly let me apologise for the lack of communication during the last few months.
As some of you know, I have had some rather debilitating health issues. Having invested most of our resources upfront on this year's planned Bushcraft Show, which was due to be the biggest and best ever at our beautiful new Chillington Hall venue, I have also been battling to keep the wolves at bay on the business side.
As it was, I paid for a great deal of the services for the Show upfront in order to ensure its success. Unfortunately, following cancellation due to the global pandemic, many of our suppliers were unable to refund our money. This placed the business in a very challenging position, and the resultant losses caused considerable strain to our resources – both corporate and personal!
Despite the huge challenges we faced, the team all had a fierce determination to keep going – we are in the survival business after all!
I wasn't sure if and when we’d be able to publish our next magazine, and hence delayed making any announcement or contact. I now realise this was a mistake, but as a very small company, it was extremely distressing to see all the effort and dedication we’d put into the business being jeopardised this year. Until we had a solution, and without the ability to give you any meaningful answers, I was very reluctant to respond to those of you trying to contact me.
You are the heart and the soul of the business, and indeed the bushcraft community, and I apologise for that lack of communication profusely.
Bushcraft this year, more than at anytime before, has had increased resonance with people stuck at home, wanting to be outdoors and learning new skills. As a result, I am absolutely delighted to announce that we have been able to secure some substantial investment. This will enable us to enhance our team and skill set. 2021 is already set to be a very exciting year, with fresh content and new contributors producing more wonderful and engaging articles.
Publications
We are now back on track, and you will have the next edition of the magazine landing on your doorsteps before the end of this tumultuous year, with a further edition already underway for Jan/Feb 2021 (issue 88). Issue 89 is scheduled for publication during Mar/Apr 2021.
We shall be issuing more updates as publication/production/distribution dates become clearer.
Subscription Gifts
Supply chain issues have also caused considerable disruption with regard to subscription gifts. Whereas orders are now 80% fulfilled, we are awaiting news from our partners, and I shall be updating you in early January. Meanwhile, thank you kindly for your patience.
The Bushcraft Show 2021
This is the great quandary of course. As we stand today, it is unlikely we shall be allowed to stage our tenth Show during our normal slot in late May. We are, however, working tirelessly with our partners to identify a viable alternative, and again, we shall be updating you during the early part of January.
I can only apologise once more for my lack of communication. I have learnt some tough and valuable lessons this year. Please be assured we are now in a positive place and dedicated to making your experience with us amazing, and I hope you can forgive me for my lapse in attentiveness.
We look forward to 2021 and, for so many reasons, being able to put this year behind us all. If anyone has any specific concerns or requests, please email me personally - david@bushcraftmagazine.com - and I shall do my level best to address any issues.
Finally, thank you kindly for your ongoing support. It really does bring a lump to my throat. Magazine sales have risen substantially this year and I have been truly humbled to see so many of you not only take out new subscriptions but, in an effort to show support to our business, adding to or extending your existing orders. I am currently looking at ways of expressing a huge ’thank you’ in a tangible way - showing you just how much this means to us. Likewise, it is incredible to see so many of you agree to carry over your purchased tickets to The Bushcraft Show. I have some ideas I should like to implement in an effort to thank you here too!
A final thank you message:
To: Tim, Andrew, Toni, Jack & Sarah.
To: Our magazine readers, contributors, advertisers, trade partners and supply chain associates
To: Our Bushcraft Show visitors, traders, exhibitors, guest speakers, management team, volunteers and especially to our wonderful sponsors (The Bushcraft Store, 1948 Original Equipment, Woodland Ways, Fjällräven, Hanwag & Casstrom) for their unwavering loyalty and support.
To: Some extraordinary people who have picked me up and supported me with such love and kindness – especially (but not confined to!); Stuart, Roy, Phil, Sharyn, Ray, Dean, Helen, Ed, George, Mick, Chris, Nick, Tim, Paul, Gary, Jane, Jimmy, Shirley, Karks, Mike, Mary, Diana, Olivia, Lee, Mike, Ian, Kara, Jason, Dom, Martin, Jeff, Claire & John.
Wishing you, your family and your friends a peaceful Christmas and a much better 2021!
Sincerely,
David.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I usualy get my copies via my newsagent who orders them for me. Apparently they can no longer get any copies as they are no longer selling through newsagents.
At least that is the explanation I got when trying to restart my order.
Anyone know if this is their new policy?
Seems daft to me, as they are cutting off possible sales.

Jun 15, 2011
Hampshire
Hi all,

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd pop my question here... has anyone received a paper copy through the post of issue #91 yet? I see the digital online version is available...

Elsenham 177

Forager
Dec 23, 2020
Essex
Strangely I did receive a paper copy of issue 91 through the post. My subscription wss cancelled December 2020 as they kept taking money with no magazines being delivered. The last 3 issues I have bought through Ebay. So why I got this now I do not know.

Jun 15, 2011
Hampshire
Strangely I did receive a paper copy of issue 91 through the post. My subscription wss cancelled December 2020 as they kept taking money with no magazines being delivered. The last 3 issues I have bought through Ebay. So why I got this now I do not know.
Oh I hadn't thought of ebay. thanks! lucky you for getting a free copy!

Reactions: CLEM

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
I spoke to them atthe Bushcraft show, they had an IT issue and know it affected the mailing list for the magazines and that some people are not recieving theirs. They requested anyone affected contact them so they can rectify the situation. As I understand it contacting them has also been difficult.

Reactions: Rambo Rees

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I spoke to them atthe Bushcraft show, they had an IT issue and know it affected the mailing list for the magazines and that some people are not recieving theirs. They requested anyone affected contact them so they can rectify the situation. As I understand it contacting them has also been difficult.
I’ve attempted to contact them at least six times now. Never got back to me/replied.

Reactions: FerlasDave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE