Bushbox Stoves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IntoTheWild

Jan 11, 2016
Warwickshire
I was bought the Bushbox Pocket Stove as a thoughtful little Xmas pressie, but am yet to use it, and after a bit of research, I'm concerned if this will be effective at anything more than boiling up for a brew.

I tend to take pre cooked pasta meals and like a good fry up when I'm in the sticks, and I'm not sure how this will cope.

Does anyone have experience with the Pocket Stove as far as cooking real meals on it? (Not just boiling water)

Also, after reading a lot of reviews and looking into it, I'm very tempted by the bigger brother, the Bushbox XL. Looks like a brilliant bit of engineering, and from what I've seen/read, looks more than capable of cooking a good meal very efficiently. Anyone with experience with the XL, what are your thoughts?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I was bought the Bushbox Pocket Stove as a thoughtful little Xmas pressie, but am yet to use it, and after a bit of research, I'm concerned if this will be effective at anything more than boiling up for a brew.

I tend to take pre cooked pasta meals and like a good fry up when I'm in the sticks, and I'm not sure how this will cope.

Does anyone have experience with the Pocket Stove as far as cooking real meals on it? (Not just boiling water)

You will have no trouble cooking a meal on that. I don't have the Bushbox, but I have an Emberlit, which I think is a little smaller and which I've used to cook plenty of meals on.

Also, after reading a lot of reviews and looking into it, I'm very tempted by the bigger brother, the Bushbox XL. Looks like a brilliant bit of engineering, and from what I've seen/read, looks more than capable of cooking a good meal very efficiently. Anyone with experience with the XL, what are your thoughts?

I really like to look of that, but it would be too big for me most of the time. You could use it instead of a camp fire. :) :campfire: :)

IntoTheWild

Jan 11, 2016
Warwickshire
You will have no trouble cooking a meal on that. I don't have the Bushbox, but I have an Emberlit, which I think is a little smaller and which I've used to cook plenty of meals on.

I really like to look of that, but it would be too big for me most of the time. You could use it instead of a camp fire. :) :campfire: :)

Thanks for the input. My new pots arrive next week so I'll try out the pocket stove and see how it goes.

It does look brilliant, I might just get it because it's awesome!

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
Thanks for the input. My new pots arrive next week so I'll try out the pocket stove and see how it goes.

It does look brilliant, I might just get it because it's awesome!

Being drawn into the shiny side my precious !!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE