Bush man mk1 slingshot

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Hi fellas been working on a new slingshot design for bushcraft/hunting the slingshot is cut from 3/4 multiplex ply I have added a firesteel so when out hunting you will always have a means of lighting a fire i will also be adding a button compass to the front of the slingshot the split ring can be removed and used with the elastic to stretch across the folks to act as a guide for shooting arrows what you think fellas ATB phil.
DSCF3567_zpsf7e38fcd.jpg

Last edited:

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
First off I know nowt about catapults
Will the firesteel not get in the way of the projectile when it goes through that area?
Looks good though interesting shape.
Cattys have come a long way from the y shaped bit o wood I used to use ala Dennis the menace
not hit the fire steel yet bud and I have put a fair few shots through it if you turn the ring the other way it sits deeper into the folk like this ;)

DSCF3570_zps10f3996a.jpg

Last edited:

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
goodjob nice shape, I must admit to being intrigued with the way the rubbers are attached. (only because I am ignorant as far as catapults are concerned).

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
goodjob nice shape, I must admit to being intrigued with the way the rubbers are attached. (only because I am ignorant as far as catapults are concerned).
Hi its designed to shoot from the side and not over the top there is a notch cut out on top of the folk that acts as a sight when the bands are stretched over the notch you can see the notch just put that on the target and shoot ;)
DSCF3577_zps762a3d98.jpg

DSCF3578_zps81d230a5.jpg

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I'm liking that - not sure i'd want the odds and ends on it but as a slighshot i could see myself having alot of fun with it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE