bunny

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
My preference is for any of the Mediteranian or Greek styles of cooking it. Plenty of shalots, garlic, olive oil, red wine etc.
I find rabbit to be quite a dry meat and I dislike the dry mouthfull that you can't swallow - if it doesn't have a good sauce/gravy etc to go with it.

ATB

Ogri the trog

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
take it of the bone and dice or slice it up, take a frying pan and add some small diced chariso, fry untill brown and it has rendered its fat, add the bunny and fry untill nearly cooked, add some salt pepper and pre cooken penny pasta.......

awesome.....

you can also add garlic chilli or go thai with garlic ginger soy sauce and sweet chilli dip nom nom nom......

regards...

chris......................................

skinny1

Dec 4, 2009
Herts
I prefer to boil them up and strip the meat. Done 20 today had a bucket full of meat some for pies and pasties put some through the mincer for burgers and sausages made a bunny lasagne.
My mother in law tells me she hates rabbit and would never eat it but she has not complained about the meat dishes shes had over the last year!!!!!

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I was looking into this as well and read allot of places the below is the best option, I would also be tempted to try Terayki Rabbit I bet thats good!!!!

I prefer to boil them up and strip the meat. Done 20 today had a bucket full of meat some for pies and pasties put some through the mincer for burgers and sausages made a bunny lasagne.
My mother in law tells me she hates rabbit and would never eat it but she has not complained about the meat dishes shes had over the last year!!!!!

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
My old man put slices of garlic it slits he makes in the bunny (all over, and make sure the garlic is slices very thinly) Then cook your rabbit in the oven in a roasting tin, once cooked take out of the tin and de bone, then add some diced onions to the tin with the rabbit juices once caramelised at a tblspoon of plain flour and stir into the juices. back in the oven for 10 mins then add 2 tins of chopped tomatoes and a bit more garlic.

Add the rabbit and back in the oven for another 15 mins serve with crushed spuds or rice

I loved it as a kid even though i knew it was bunny lol

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE