Bull Dog Brand?

TAHAWK

Nomad
Jan 9, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
I recently was able to purchase a three-pot cooking set (apx. 1, 2, 3 ltrs.) at a "garage sale" for $2.00 NIB. It is labeled "Made in England Bull Dog Brand" -- all around the image of a Bull Dog. The lad minding the sale at that time thought it was about fifteen years old.

Anyone ever encounter that brand?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've used this brand for about 30 years, maybe a little more if memory serves me correctly, very good bit of kit :)

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
TAHAWK said:
I recently was able to purchase a three-pot cooking set (apx. 1, 2, 3 ltrs.) at a "garage sale" for $2.00 NIB. It is labeled "Made in England Bull Dog Brand" -- all around the image of a Bull Dog. The lad minding the sale at that time thought it was about fifteen years old.

Anyone ever encounter that brand?
Do you have any pics?I think my dad had some of there stuff when I was a little lad!

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
bulldog sets were ace! - I still have / use mine - a nest of 3 with 'domed' lids you can use as frying pans.

They were the standard 'small' billy sets for a scout patrol allong with a couple of gallon dixies

was a sad day wen they stoped making them! :(

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Did some maths, I think I got my first set in 1970, lost them in a house move in 1988, replaced them about 2 years ago via a chum in the States, and have since picked up another two sets to be on the safe side. Took a set to the moot this year

BULLDOG.jpg

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Optimus 111T stove, NIB (new in box) ex Norwegian Army when I got it. Heavy at about 3lb, but for a group, car/canoe camping its fantastic. 10,000 BTU's output, high burn to a low simmer, very reliable, frugal on fuel (this model is a paraffin burner, but I have a couple of the multifuel 111's) one of my all time favourite stoves :) :D

I must stop collecting stoves, I must stop collecting stoves, I must stop collecting stoves, I must stop collecting stoves, I must stop collecting stoves, I must stop collecting stoves, I must stop collecting stoves, I must stop collecting stoves, I must stop collecting stoves,

Stella time ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE