Building a Forge at Home

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Last week I built a forge, and I forged a knife.

FOJE....FLO.BUSH..jpg

FORJE..FLO8.jpg

FORJE...FLO9.jpg

My Blog - Building a Forge

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
What kind fo bricks are you using there, and is that a vacuum I can see in the corner of the picture.

I am looking at having a go at this myself as I am just getting sorted after moving to a new house where I have more room to try things out.

What kind fo bricks are you using there, and is that a vacuum I can see in the corner of the picture.

I am looking at having a go at this myself as I am just getting sorted after moving to a new house where I have more room to try things out.

I used refractory brick, and a vacuum cleaner that I changed the function, instead of pull that is blowing ... you can do with any vacuum cleaner.

diddhi

Dec 1, 2009
Vienna
i like this very simple design!
i have some of those stones at home and will build one on my own too, thanks for the inspiration!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I ended up using a hair dryer ducted through a length of scaffolding pole - works OK but not as stable as your setup

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE