Bug out bag / PSk for Sweden canoe trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi

Can anyone tell me what the bag is? I quite like it.

Cheers.

Barry

Do a search on the Forum for 'Snugpak Response' and you'll find absolutely loads on it.

Do Snugpak a favour and buy one of their bags rather than a cheap copy - they designed and made the original and I think they deserve the revenue rather than some knock-off merchant in the Far East.

barryasmith

Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Do a search on the Forum for 'Snugpak Response' and you'll find absolutely loads on it.

Do Snugpak a favour and buy one of their bags rather than a cheap copy - they designed and made the original and I think they deserve the revenue rather than some knock-off merchant in the Far East.

Hi - Thanks. I did the search and found a retailer doing the snugpak ones for a good price so I have one on order now.

The knock offs on ebay are cheap but I would rather buy quality and british.

Looking forward to getting it and filling it up with stuff.

Cheers

Barry

barryasmith

Oct 21, 2007
Herts
It's excellent, I am really pleased with it. The was a small hole in the bottom where the sewing was'nt perfect but I have fixed it with a bit of glue as it was'nt worth sending back for that.

The main compartment is long enough for a Mora knife and/or a Laplander folding saw. There is plenty of room in there and the outside pockets for FAK, fishing kit, couple of torches, para cord, tinder pouch, matches, sharpening stone and all the other bits I might want to carry about with me.

Love it. Highly reccomended.

Barry

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
If you have a similar pack to mine, check the backside. There may be a flat panel under which you can stuff a poncho, space blanket etc. Also, if you don't use the belt straps, you can use them to strap a folding saw to the pack - spares room inside.

H

He' s left the building

[*]Power snacks > for when you need to push through or be clear-headed to make important decisions. For this reason WWII pilots had benzedrine tablets in their PSK. Is something like it stil available? Otherwise add glucose tablets.

Ephedrine.

To be honest you'd be better off with 2-3 sachets of instant coffee mix and 50g jelly-babies :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE