Buffalo Horn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy J

Forager
Oct 28, 2006
north wales
Hello folks, I've got 2 Buffalo Horns here, had them maybe 20 years now and just remembered where they were. I have no use for them, but someone my need them here. Haven't put any pics up yet, just gettng a feel if anyone would have a use for them. They are about 16-18 inches long, you know, thoes with the fur oining them that used to go on the wall!! If anyones interested, then would swa for knifey type thing or stove? an interest? Thanks, Andy:)

H

Heathenpeddler

Not got any knifey/stovey type stuff, I do have a black chrome-tan leather hide of a decent size if you're interested in that?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Sorry if I'm jumping the gun and I hope you don't mind:

P9230005.jpg

I can't do anything about the size though :D

H

Heathenpeddler

Here's the pics of the leather:

Leather001.jpg

Leather003.jpg
Leather002.jpg

As you can see, it's a little on the large side! That's our garden table it's draped over. I think the numbers mean 19.2 square feet?

Andy J

Forager
Oct 28, 2006
north wales
Decorum, thank you sir!! How do you do that please?? British Red sent me a link a while ago, but doen't work now, but the pics looks good tho'! Thanks, Andy:)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Andy,

All I did was to copy and paste the photo 'code' in the box titled IMG Code - Forums & Bulletin Boards on your pic link. Are you previewing your posts prior to submiting? - This (usually) shows you whether you've got it right; it took a while for me to 'get' it.

Andy J

Forager
Oct 28, 2006
north wales
Thanks very much , decorum! Like you say sizeing them, no idea, but thats great, not exactly sure how it's done, but it's done!! Thanks again, Andy:)

H

Heathenpeddler

If you go to your album in photobucket and click on the thumbnail of the pic, it opens up with a toolbar of simple editing options. One of them is resize and there's some basic options for sizes :)

Off to read my PMs now :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
This isn't the only way to resize - it's just my way ;)

Decide on the pic you're going to upload from your computer to your image hoster and right click on it.

Click on Edit.

On the screen you'll now have the option to 'Change Picture Size' - resize or compress.

If you click on compress and then click on web pages when the screen changes the pic will auto resize to a window of 448x336 pixels. This will reduce the file size and speed up access to the thread.

If you click on resize (instead of 'compress') you get options of what new size you want.
To choice a new size click on 'Predefined widthxheight'.
Click on the box below and choose 'web large - 640x480 px' or 'web small - 448x336'
Click ok

If you chose to resize you will now need to compress the file as described above. This will reduce the file size and speed up access to the thread.

Once you've got your resized pic you need to save it (I rename the new file & keep the original too!)

You've got the rest of it pretty sussed, so I wont keep blathering on :D

Andy J

Forager
Oct 28, 2006
north wales
Redneck, Yes, they are hollow. Is that a give away? If it is, thanks for the info!! And are you aware of it Heathen?? I can post more pictures if you want. Thanks again, folks...Andy:)

H

Heathenpeddler

That's fine, they look to be a great size for a drinking horn, maybe even a blowing horn if I can remember how to make one! I did have a web page on it but the site's since gone down.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE