Buddliea sticks?

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
I find I am in need of a bulk supply of buddliea sticks (butterfly tree) for hand drilling. Is anyone in a position to supply me with some? I have something like 30- 50 as a target initially. Length about 1 and a half to 2 feet and straight. average diameter in the middle a little over a centimetre or half an inch, and preferably the thinnest end about 1 cm. I expect to pay for them and pay postage and packing.

They grow in gardens and should be cut back every couple of years, or they grow wild in old bomb sites, around railways in London and other towns.

PM me re any offers on this please.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
It has to be a wood that works well as a hand drill with the hearth board I use. I cannot vouch for willow with pine board. I understand willow can work well with some hearthboards.

So, it has to be a "no", but thankyou very much for the offer.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
i've got a medium sized budlia in my garden, but no where near the amout of wood that you'd need, also most of it is twisted. I had a go at using budlia last year with a bow, it was my first attempt, and was pathetic. the only thing i had a question with when i was having a go was the pithy central core. sorry i can help more, swmbo doesn't like me collecting sticks as it is!!
hope you find a good source
stevec

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE