buck 184

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
okay I know its a big beasty of a sharpened pry bar but I am rather attatched to them as one was my main utility blade and wire cutter for years.

I have two, one well used and I'm happy with but the other is a mess as the blade seems to have slipped in the factory and the grind is all over the place. It could be why its had the camel logo etched on it and was probably a promo gift. I picked it up cheap and allthough it still has a high collectors value I'd like to use it as a working blade.

anyway I could do with some help to reprofile it and customise it a little away from the regular look but dont fancy using the wheels and grinders I have. I dont mind making my own or altering kukris but this looks like it could be awkward and I'd like a secong opinion.

anyone doing the moot I can bring it along for a natter :)

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
well I got bored so made a start today and dug the grinders out boy this is hard steel. the original concave grind was so wobbly I'm going to try to flatten it out. allready taken off the false edge rope teeth and the anchor points which is balancing the knife out a bit better.

is it best to pick up a belt sander to reprofile the blade? there is no way I can file it down and use a sander like I do with kukris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE