BTS. Waxed drawstring bag.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
When I saw Sonni had made some drawstring bags I knew I had to get one as a replacement for my FR Grand Marais Mail Bag. Now don't get me wrong the FR is a great bag but it was never quite big enough for our bimbles in the park our stuff would fit but it tended to make the bag lumpy on your back.

0502151300-00.jpg

My bag arrived some time ago but this is my first chance to do a “out of the box” review. The bag comes in at a respectable 18.5” (47cm) by 15” (38 cm) and has a nice feel to it. A feel that says I'm going to be around for years.

The string feels like gutted paracord so there's no chance of that breaking under normal use. The 7oz canvas has been nicely waxed giving it a stiff feel which I know will break in nicely giving the bag a nice worn look, sort of like a Barbour jacket.

Plenty of room in here, at least twice the capacity of my FR bag.

0502151302-00.jpg

0502151303-00.jpg

Nice tight stitching throughout and the leather reinforcement and brass grommet on the bottom is a nice functional additions. I've had other bags where the weak point was on the bottom where the string attaches.

0502151300-01.jpg

The only “modification” I've done was to re tie the string at the bottom trapping the reinforcement between the knots.

0502151300-02.jpg

All in all a nice bag for walks in the woods or lanes plus it folds up into nothing handy for a quick trip to the shop in lieu of a carrier bag.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE