Brusletto Balder- neck knife

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I've had one for years but to be honest, I'd recommend the Spikkekniv instead. It's a little larger and a bit more useful and not much more weight. A great scandi necker.

spikniv1b.jpg

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
I have one and they are a nice little knive but the grind needs some work, I found mine very steep. for the money and a little effort they con be a nice knife, and a leather sheath at that price is a bonus.

Mark

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have one, and I use it too :) It's a nice *little* whittling knife, pretty handy for bark and the like too, but it is small. I have small hands and it fits me fine but a friend who carves says it's a really nice wee tool and his hands are huge so maybe the size doesn't matter that much.

cheers,
Toddy

happybonzo

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2005
Nr Emsworth, Hants
It is intended to be for carving - all the Coppice people that i know who make things like butter knives, walking sticks etc seem to use the Frosts which is identical

happybonzo

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2005
Nr Emsworth, Hants
Sorry, I can't get the image any bigger from the Axminster catalogue

Image1.jpg

I may have misread something but I thought that somewhere on the Brusletto website that they used Frosts blades. It seems it was Sandvik.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I have the Balder and the Frost 920. The balder is cute, but I find it a bit small for doing much with it. The frost has a full size handle which i find far better. The Balder is nice to tuck away as a back-up, but do try to keep on the right side of the law!

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE