Brunton hydrogen reactor generator

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Now that looks interesting.

It would be great if they had one that ran off methane though, that way you could just carry pickled eggs and refried beans! :lmao:

A small unit with a direct Hydrogen input would be even better as then you could choose your Hydrogen source. Magnesium and acid for example.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
even better if the hydrogen cells become standardised like batteries.

Didnt see the spec, any idea how much power

About 9000mAh per core he said towards the end of the video. He also said a core was equivalent to 30 AA batteries, if you bought 30 batteries from the pound shop maybe!! A good alkali AA battery is 2500mAh and a good Lithium AA battery is 3000+mAh.

He said it would charge a typical smart phone 6 times and a tablet to about 80% as their batteries are about 11000mAh.

I suspect 3 Lithium AAA batteries in a backup phone charger holder thingy has the same capacity. Cheaper and lighter. Good quality NiMH rechargeables would be even better and much cheaper! I suspect the price of the device, cores and recharges of the cores is going to be painful.

Fun tech gadget but still seems to be trailing batteries. Gimmick. Give us a charger fuel cell that will run from just a piped H2 source.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I fitted a hydrogen generator to a car. A crazy old boy who ran his old Volvo on chip fat asked me to fit it. Basically the use of the gases give off from electrolysis. In my opinion it was bloody dangerous

Rcorso

Feb 24, 2014
United Kingdom
About 9000mAh per core he said towards the end of the video. He also said a core was equivalent to 30 AA batteries, if you bought 30 batteries from the pound shop maybe!! A good alkali AA battery is 2500mAh and a good Lithium AA battery is 3000+mAh.

He said it would charge a typical smart phone 6 times and a tablet to about 80% as their batteries are about 11000mAh.

I suspect 3 Lithium AAA batteries in a backup phone charger holder thingy has the same capacity. Cheaper and lighter. Good quality NiMH rechargeables would be even better and much cheaper! I suspect the price of the device, cores and recharges of the cores is going to be painful.

Fun tech gadget but still seems to be trailing batteries. Gimmick. Give us a charger fuel cell that will run from just a piped H2 source.

Correction Update
The rechargeable hydroCores each output 4500mah [as two are supplied with the unit the max is 9000mah]
Each hydroCore can provide approx power to charge a tablet to 70 or 80% or an iPhone three (3) times as two hydroCores are supplied that would be to charge an iPhone six times.
The product costs in the USA $170 and extra hydroCores are $20 - assuming they are simply swapped over for fully charged hydroCores.
The cost in the UK is £135 for the Hydrogen Reactor.
Each hydroCore units can be recharged up to 1000 times and is then discarded [recycled as tin].
The Hydrogen Reactor is USA TSA [Transportation Security Administration] approved so can be transported in your carry on luggage.
The hydroCores can be recharged multiple times using the Brunton Hydrolizer - a H2O based hydrogen core recharger can be purchased to do this so the hydroCorers are fully recyclable.
In the USA the recharger Bruntons Hydrolizer costs $280.
All of the Brunton equipment has a full life long product replacement guarantee if the product is somehow damaged. Rosker UK [rosker dot com] is the UK distributer of Brunton products.
Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE