BRS Super Light Outdoor Camping Folding Bed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
Interesting. Takes longer to assemble than most tents. One thing to note, like a hammock, has no insulation underneath, so need a mat underneath you if temperature below, say, 60 deg F. Looks comfortable though. How much?

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
It's been around for quite some time now. I liked the idea in principle, but, I don't want to spend half a shift putting it together and packing it away, I'd need a lie down after all that palaver :p.

rorymax

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
That's very clever but blimey its a faff to put up and lots of parts, easy to lose something when dismantling.
Think I'd stick to a less compact campbed for a static camp and some form of kip mat (foam or inflating) it I needed something that would fit in a rucksack.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Well it does look easier to assemble than the Argos camp bed that I have and its only got four springy leg bars to wrestle & curse with!
At 1.2 kg the overall weight and packed dimensions of the BRS bed are also pretty respectable compared to self inflating mats & airbeds in the same price range for the amount of comfort it will/should provide.

Regatta 7cm thick self inflating mat is 2kg
Camping Gaz single air-bed 1.6kg (without pump)
and neither of them pack down as small as the BRS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE