browsing via phone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
I'm having problems getting onto bcuk with my phone

I have an O2 XDA Orbit and get on the net via dial up or wifi. I can get on all other sites ok (e.g. british blades and ebay) but not this site. It says its not supported

Any changes I can make or is anyone else having the same problem?

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
can anyone help me with this?

i can get onto the main page ok. but when i want to view the forum i get the message 'this option will not work correctly. unfortunately, you browser does not support inline frames'

i can see the menu at the top of the screen (home, articles, reviews, forums, gallery etc
) and can also see the 'quick links' and 'partners'. just not the actual forum threads etc

i can view other forums like british blades no probs

can anyone help?

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
I had the same message from my phone but when I scrolled down the page it displayed ok (although all the links in the first half of the page code made for a lot of scrolling).

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
tried scrolling down but couldn't see anything. its just a blank white page

its really annoying as using my phone via wifi to go on the net is so quick and easy. does anyone else have any bright ideas?

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
The problem is that the new site includes the forum as a frame. I really thought frames had gone out with the ark :(

"Frames disrupt the entire fundamental concept for the Web: a large collection of individual pages, linked together with hypertext. ...Frames violate too many accepted Web standards to be a worthy information delivery system. -- Ross Shannon

Frames: just say no. -- Jakob Nielsen"

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Thanks Andy, at least I know why it won't work

But basically what it means is that it will never work, unless the whole site is changed....

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
vbulletin has an archive mode where you can view the threads without the graphics, which would work for you if it hadn't also been broken by the new site design!

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
i did indeed - i can't believe you can't say it, how ridiculous is that!

(would rather be able to browse by phone than say s0rry!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE