Brown Gaiters Anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Help!

I've been trying for some while now to find a pair of just below the knee-length BROWN walking / hiking gaiters. Goretex would be nice, but I'll settle for ripstop breathable nylon if not.

I can find black, cammo, green and all the bright colours but not plain old brown! The shade of brown found in DPM would be nice.

Any ideas?

Yeoman

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Surrey Yeoman said:
Help!

I've been trying for some while now to find a pair of just below the knee-length BROWN walking / hiking gaiters. Goretex would be nice, but I'll settle for ripstop breathable nylon if not.

I can find black, cammo, green and all the bright colours but not plain old brown! The shade of brown found in DPM would be nice.

Any ideas?

Yeoman

This may not help much but a lot of US-made gear is starting to become available in what they call 'Coyote' colour - it's a darker tan colour. It seems to be a bit of a new trend. It may be worth looking at US kit.

A

Alex Thorneycroft-Taylor

They do make leather gaiters - a couple of shooting friends wear them and think they are great.

Not sure of the supplier etc - but they are definitely brown :lmao:

Hope this is helpful?

A

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Thanks Alex,

I had a look at some leather ones, but I felt they'd be too stiff for all day walking.

Cheers,

I'll keep my eyes open for the "Coyote Brown" fropm across the pond!

Yeoman

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
Surrey Yeoman said:
I had a look at some leather ones, but I felt they'd be too stiff for all day walking.

I used to be a member of the Long Distance Walkers' Association. I remember meeting a chap several years ago on one of the annual 'hundreds' who habitually wore knee-length brown leather gaiters. They were seriously thick. Apparently, he had once been badly bitten on the leg by a dog whilst out walking.

Burnt Ash

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE