Brother visit (night trips out)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
My brother came up from Dorset for a week and the plan was to get a overnight down at the beach id camped on with some of the guys on here during the summer, unfortunately the weather put a end to that,as the day we where meant to go and do it, it decided to snow and blow gale force winds, getting down the 300ft cliff's is difficult in ideal conditions, plus the track down to the cliff's was heavily iced over and we had doubt's we'd get the car back up the steep slope, so we opted for two days just getting out and about.
Day 1 we set off at 3pm and by the time we'd got to where we were going it was dark, we set up our cooking kit and got dinner and a brew on as it was now around 5pm,

002.jpg

Above my brother getting his warm clothes on as having walked a couple of hours and now stopped it got cold,not to mention the wind was blowing heavily, luckily it was sheltered were we where.

me cooking my food,
outnabout001.jpg

brother doing his,

outnabout004.jpg

after we'd eaten we got a fire going and had a few drinks(me the odd vodka,
brother the odd g&t)

outnabout017.jpg

we sat round for a while,then had a look around the rock pools for signs of life and had a stroll round the rocks etc, and down by the sea shore,

outnabout038.jpg

outnabout034.jpg

then we took the long way home which is about 2.5hours.

The next day we opted to do a spot of fishing (well we knew we'd have no chance of catching anything but it got us out of the house) we went to the spot Stuart f had fished during the summer but the severe gales had made the waves approx 20ft high and the area was flooded due to it being high tide, so we decided to go back at night at low tide,

It snowed heavily during the afternoon and the temp dropped with high winds, it was freezing, first pic is my brother casting from the rocks,

003-3.jpg

with the tide out we could see some of the exposed mussle bed's,

019.jpg

on the horizon passed a huge passenger liner traveling at a fair old pace we tried to get a good pic but only managed this,
021.jpg

A while later with not so much as a nibble(obviously) we tried some beach casting until the weather became even worse so we headed home.

035.jpg

it was good fun to be out, hopefully next time we will get a chance to sleep out.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
in the name of the big man, you're a tough cookie Andy. I'm way too soft to camp on gravel in subzero conditions. I think I'll wait to visit you in the spring. :rolleyes:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Rob, we didnt sleep out it was two separate night trip's, although the first night my brother did go on about we should have took our sleeping bag's with us and slept, there is a space at the back,see over brothers shoulder in third pic down where we could have bivi'd, and feel free to pop down in the spring and have a beach camp with me.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Its good to see people are still getting out and about even though the weathers not been good :)

thanks for the pictures Russ

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE