British Blades Forum - down

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2008
Co Durham UK
Cheers Martyn :)

Leon, it was pipex then it changed to tiscali and now i think they are owned by talktalk , so i am not totaly sure , the link that Martyn posted to the proxy server only shows me the proxy server site not British Blades :S
Looks like i am up the creek untill my ISP sorts their head out :(
Thanks for the help peeps :) i will get back on soon
DurhamSteve

Last edited:

rcs

Forager
Jul 24, 2008
Pill
Right, so the site is up it's just my isp that stopping me from getting on there ?
When ever i have tryed to log on for the least 4 days all i get is a page saying the site is closed for updates ????
I am about to call my isp and go totaly nuts with them, they need to sort their heads out.
Cheers for the update
Oh by the way it's J3st3r :)

Edit, nope i still cant get on :( lappy out the window i think , am going to dump cookies and restart router then its flying lappy :)

You've got quite a cool surprise waiting for you when you do get back on.

regards,
Rob

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
the link that Martyn posted to the proxy server only shows me the proxy server site not British Blades :S

Ahhh, looks like the proxy is running a no hotlinking script to force everyone to go to their main page first.

Go here http://www.cnpv.info/index.php?
Type www.britishblades.com into the box and click GO.

You will be able to read BB as a guest. I'm not sure if you will be able to log in via the proxy and tbh I wouldn't recommend trying as your login details would be passed through the proxy and logged there.

This issue is nothing to do with your PC, that is fine. It's 100% your ISP. Eventually they will update, but their own company policy will dictate when.

Last edited:

Leon

Sep 14, 2003
Lincolnshire
It seems Pipex aka Tiscali aka TalkTalk have some history when it comes to this kind of foul up:
http://www.ebidinfo.com/372/internet-service-providers-fail-ebid-users/
At the end of the article are some instructions for jiggling internet settings to work around Pipex and their s-l-o-w response.
I can happily report that changing the DNS servers as described has worked for me and I can now happily log back in to BB from any link:cool:
Have now signed up with another ISP so not much longer to suffer with Pipex thankfully.

Jul 1, 2008
Co Durham UK
Leon,

Cheers for the link to the site you mention above, i did what it said and looks like i am back on :)
Thanks everyone who has helped :)
Any one who is on Pipex or Tiscali or TalkTalk, if your havinf problems follow he instructions at the bottom of the page Leon posted :)
It worked for me.

DurhamSteve aka J3st3r

Leon

Sep 14, 2003
Lincolnshire
Leon,

Cheers for the link to the site you mention above, i did what it said and looks like i am back on :)
Thanks everyone who has helped :)
Any one who is on Pipex or Tiscali or TalkTalk, if your havinf problems follow he instructions at the bottom of the page Leon posted :)
It worked for me.

DurhamSteve aka J3st3r

Great! Glad to hear it worked for you too:)

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
It's not the fault of your laptop, it's your internet service provider. BritishBlades wont work for you till pipex update their DNS info. It's appalling how long it's talking them. I'll give my hosting company a ring and see if they can give them a nudge.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Just me?
:eek: Just had to change my email address as freenet is now closed unless you want to pay for it.
Since changing, all emails and everything saved gone including paid subscription details and forum subscriptions (even hassle to sign in).
As I said - Just me?
:pokenest:

pwb

Just me?
:eek: Just had to change my email address as freenet is now closed unless you want to pay for it.
Since changing, all emails and everything saved gone including paid subscription details and forum subscriptions (even hassle to sign in).
As I said - Just me?
:pokenest:

Who's your ISP Kev, I'm with Tiscali/talktalk and only recently got back on to BB.

Still seems to be working OK for me, fingers crossed it continues to.

Tiscali.....:aargh4:

Cheers,
Pete.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE