British Army PCS Thermal Cold Weather Jacket Size ID

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wushuplayer

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2020
London
Hi guys,

I bought this jacket at the Bushcraft show in a large, the seller gave me a new one from the packet. When I've tried in on at home it seems much larger than what I tried on at the show! The packet says large but there are no labels on the jacket itself, just thinking it a XL might have got mixed up. Does anybody have a large or XL that would be able to give me a pit to pit measurement please?

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
If it is the pcs thermal jacket, the labels in the bottom left pocket as youre wearing it.

It should read something like pcs thermal jacket with integral stuff sack

Size 180/100 large

Mine does anyway.
Just got mine after ordering one online, seems ok the double zip is pants though, nothing wrong with it just a pain to do up.

I liked the idea of it being a warm layer for when youre static, takes up no space or weight in a bag until you need it and then is designed to be super warm under your windproof smock. I'm hoping it turns out to be a better alternative to a woolly pully or a fleece.

We'll see how it holds up. I like the issue buffalo smocks but ive repaired the seams on mine countless times. Still a good bit of kit though, good balance between warm and windproof but light and breathable. Versatile bit of kit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wushuplayer

Wushuplayer

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2020
London
Haha, Mowmow you are right! Thanks very much, maybe I should have bought a medium then.

I agree the zipper is a pain to do up.

I'm planning to wear it under my motorcycle jacket in the winter, I'm sure it makes for a soft pillow as well.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Normally you just have to get out which size you have, for example with trousers and shirt in the surplus shop next corner, and afterwards can buy everything in the same size if you buy clothing from the same army because the pieces are made to fit over each other.

If you layer how it is worn in the army it should fit you all without any problems if you buy it in the same size.

Only if you wear for example a field blouse, a BDU over shirt, that originally belongs directly over the underwear, suddenly as a lightweight jacket over the warm layers like your fleece jacket you need a larger size of course.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE