British Army MTP Bivi Bag pros and cons ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Hi,

Just wondering with those who own an Alpkit Hunka XL. Bought one to use instead of my issue But it looks small for the XL and measures between each of the recommended sizes.

Is there a way of checking (its not labelled as well).

Dec 31, 2016
Finland
I think the bivybag is decent for the price. I got one in DPM color and I do not like that much the bag since it has a huge hood and no zipper. I use it as a tent replacer. Bought it sometime ago for 15€ or less than 10pounds.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Nothing wrong with the issue bivvy bag, i've used several up to the mtp version issued now. Bombproof kit, Alpkit is good but deffinately go for the XL, the wife uses one.

Tonyuk

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
I just checked my MTP bivi bag that I picked up new with the Medium doss bag and liner as part of an ebay deal. I havent used it yet and It's the one with the triangle. Result.

I still have my old Survival Aids OD goretex bivi bag that I bought in the early 90s, before they started issuing goretex bivi bags to troops. That has a diagonal zip covered over by a velcro flap. I've no idea whether its still waterproof but it never let me down back then.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE