British army ligthweight trouser

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
I bought myself a pair of unissued (genuine) british army lightweight trousers from a supplier.When they came today,the map pocket was missing i phone the shop and they said they were new issue ?
Back in my army days they had a map pocket.
Does anyone know the truth ?.
cheers topknot

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I heard they got rid of the map pocket before, never got any myself like that, I left in '99. Bet there were loads of lost berets when they got rid of the pocket though!

boots12

Tenderfoot
Jan 29, 2006
West Yorkshire
every set that i used had the pocket, the best way is to see if it has the label in side with the details of size and part number, what used to happen was the kit was doctored some how to make it useless :(

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
topknot said:
Hi,
I bought myself a pair of unissued (genuine) british army lightweight trousers from a supplier.When they came today,the map pocket was missing i phone the shop and they said they were new issue ?
Back in my army days they had a map pocket.
Does anyone know the truth ?.
cheers topknot

It is probably true because everyday dress code now is full combats, no one wears the lightweights anymore except old QMs who never change!:)

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
The last pattern of lightweights before they stopped being issued came with out the map pocket.

Never mind, still good kit for the woods ;)

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Yes, lightweight army trousers are fantastic for moderate weather bush outings. They're tough, take massive amounts of abuse and dry fairly quickly. And they're dirt cheap, too.

Adam

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
We wore lightweights for cross country skiing on exercise in Norway with the Army. I actually often prefered tabbing in them rather than combats!

They are a good piece of kit as long as you get the right size!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
We wore lightweights for cross country skiing on exercise in Norway with the Army.
And I actually often prefered tabbing in them rather than combats!
They are a good piece of kit as long as you get the right size!

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi, I know where you are coming from in the right sizes.
I bought a pair of pattern lightweights (imports) and they went straight back.
Long live the old lightweights.
Do ruperts get lost with GPS?. :lmao:
Cheers topknot.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
topknot said:
Hi, I know where you are coming from in the right sizes.
I bought a pair of pattern lightweights (imports) and they went straight back.
Long live the old lightweights.
Do ruperts get lost with GPS?. :lmao:
Cheers topknot.

Do Ruperts know how to use a GPS?:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
A Rupert is a male serviceperson who holds the King or Queens Commission:eek: I was a Rupert in the RAFVR(T). A Female Serviceperson is known as a Doris:)

During the D-Day run up a lot "Ruperts" were dropped behind enemy lines as decoys, they were one third size Paratroopers, with scaled parachutes too, many were mined or booby trapped so when the German soldiers approached they would explode...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradummy
http://home.att.net/~1.elliott/paratrooperdummyhistorysite.html

LS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE