Brew Kit / Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blencathra

Dec 12, 2005
North Yorkshire, UK
Just had a bushcraft themed birthday...........Parachute in the garden party...............:red:

So with some funds after a nice / portable brew kit.

On the Tamarack Walkabout, I felt inferior carrying a flask.

Adam had a JetBoil
Shewie had a cool little wood gas stove (not sure of brand)
Stu had a Trangia
Mike a wisperlite style stove and billie

Lots of options but my current collection not really portable. I want a carry system and also something I can stick in the back of my GS (A motorcycle) to make brews on the ride.

Thinking JetBoil could be the answer, but not had experience of it at all.

Would like to be able to pack all I need (other than water) into the package to have everything in same place.

Any thoughts from the table ?

Blencathra (Lancashire lad in Yorkshire)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
For a gas system, look at the MSR pocket rocket, and lookalikes. Small, simply, and highly effective. I use mine with the MSR Titan kettle, for a simple system that can boil a decent quantity of water (enough for a good meal) in rapid time.

I also have a bushbuddy stove, and it is my favourite, but for what you want the gas system may be more suitable.

MandaPanda

Jul 24, 2011
Sussex
For motorbike brews I would go for the Jetboil as it boils water exceedingly fast which you'd probably want if you have been in bad weather.
I like it for efficiency and ease of use, grab and go ability. Also cools down pretty fast so easy to repack without waiting for ages.
Everything can pack away nicely inside but it's not the lightest or smallest.

Blencathra

Dec 12, 2005
North Yorkshire, UK
Hi Rich,

Managed a couple of jaunts, most interesting along the welsh coast (llyn penninsula), and managed to hang from a few trees here and there. Have explored use of some arborists kit for hanging (cambium saver and adjustable anchor strops / straps) and also for the parachute

Would be great to hook up for a bimble / paddle at some point.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I have also been on a quest to make a compact brew and cook kit and have after a few tries come up with a MSR Titan kettle and cup which nests inside the kettle. For the stove I have a DIY tiny alcohol pellet tin stove which fits into an Esbit stand which also fits inside the cup.

I just have to carry the water and extra meths. I'm hoping when my kettle arrives that I can fit in some 3 in 1 coffee sachets and maybe an ounce or two of spare meths so all I will need external is the water?

Steve.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE