Breitling Or Rolex

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
but i fail to see the relevance to this forum, the need for such within the context of what we do, how it is "not showing off"(unless a high altitude mountaineer/pro-diver or member of the SAS) or the objection to my opinion.

hold me in what regard you like, i have no more to say on the subject and have now learnt to not read threads that are essientially "willy waving"

The OP asked a question...in the Brights Gizmos and Toys section and pretty much everyone has contributed in the spirit of the OP. My issue is why you would want to put a buzzkill on the discussion that some people are obviously enjoying?

Read by all means, and contribute but only if in the spirit. This really isn't a willy waving exercise as we all have different passions, and I, for one, am interested in seeing what other people enjoy in life.

Sack

Rups

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
London
The OP asked a question...in the Brights Gizmos and Toys section and pretty much everyone has contributed in the spirit of the OP. My issue is why you would want to put a buzzkill on the discussion that some people are obviously enjoying?

Read by all means, and contribute but only if in the spirit. This really isn't a willy waving exercise as we all have different passions, and I, for one, am interested in seeing what other people enjoy in life.

Sack

Well said Sack.

JonathanD,

First the name, then snakes, now Rolexes? It's getting spooky.

I have a 25-year-old Explorer II given to me by my wife, which has been everywhere from sea kayaking in the Arctic to canoeing the Zambezi. It most definitely does not get pampered, and it's never failed - or needed a battery.

ExplorerII.jpg

Looking at it tells me the time, but also brings back a lot of memories.

millie-mail

Forager
Apr 9, 2011
Oxfordshire
Hmmm, Coincidence there!!

rolcounicorn.jpg

It would have been nice to have cases for them as they both work (cases scrapped years ago by previous owners:( )

Just realised that the regulator has be somehow pushed right around to the longest stroke position so it will lose time a-plenty!!

John:)

Hi John, you obviously know what you have there, I recognise your name from Mr. P.'s forum.

Dave.

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
JonathanD,

First the name, then snakes, now Rolexes? It's getting spooky.

I have a 25-year-old Explorer II given to me by my wife, which has been everywhere from sea kayaking in the Arctic to canoeing the Zambezi. It most definitely does not get pampered, and it's never failed - or needed a battery.

ExplorerII.jpg

Looking at it tells me the time, but also brings back a lot of memories.

that pretty much spells it out to me i expect you will pass it on and never sell.

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi John, you obviously know what you have there, I recognise your name from Mr. P.'s forum.

Dave.

Hello Dave

TZUK (Eddies site??)

My brother used to do shop refurbs, he did such a job on a large jewelery store in Leeds that took up an entire block:eek:
All the stock that was wanted was removed, the owners said they were to scrap everything else, he brought me a load of similar movements, a carrier bag full of watch cells and a Wolf buffing machine (it takes no prisoners!!!)
All of the movments were the residue of watches that were in precious metal cases...

He threw black bags full of watch spares in to the skips as there wasn't room in the car to fit them :(

I should have taken him up on his offer for me to drive to the store and fill my car with all the goodies:drive:

Cheers, John:)

SRC

Mar 14, 2008
Herts
I've got an Omega Seamaster Pro. I've had it for 11 years. It was an engagement ring from my now wife. The only time I take it off is in the shower. It loses a bit of time but I love that watch.

I'd always wanted a Rolex Explorer. My wife offered to buy me one for my 40th birthday. I tried one on and decided that I would stick with my Omega. It's provided great service, goes everywhere with me, has mojo and I'd miss the weight of it if it wasn't there.

I also have a vintage Omega dress watch from 1952. A lovely but fragile watch.

If I had the money I'd get a Jaeger le Coultre Reverso with my intial enamelled on the reverse side.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I know it's neither Breitling nor Rolex but the Bremont range of watches look clean, unfussy and purposeful AND hold their heads up as being British. Well, they're put together in Switzerland but the company is based in Henley... Anyway, do any of you watch officiandos know anything about them? They look pretty good but then again, so do the Far Eastern Rolex/Omega/Breitling copies. Any thoughts? Any experience?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE