Bread in the trangia - 1st time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
I have prepared many a meal on my trangia. But never bread...so I thought I give it a go.

20150712_174331_zpsonwgllgg.jpg

2 dl wheat flour
1 dl rye flour
1,5 tablespoons of salt
1,5 dl water
6 grams dry yeast
Some flour for baking it.

I made them roughly 1 cm thick and pierced them with a fork to avoid any baloon effect..

Baking them for 5 mins on each side.

It turns out a bit dense but the curing/fermentation-thingy was a bit uncontrolled. In the field I wouldnt complain though

It yields 4 pcs in my T27 and I will do a proper field test asap

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
If they're a bit dense, roll them 1/2 cm thick, and put them in the saucepan, each seperated by a layer of something like paper and stick the frying pan lid on, and leave them warming for 15mins for a rise. Is important that you keep the bread away from direct heat otherwise the bread burns, I read this not long ago, he uses a large aluminium pot as a shield from the full heat.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/trangia/discuss/72157628680722201/

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I make something similar but use baking powder instead of yeast n roll them out really thin about 2/3mm thick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
I make something similar but use baking powder instead of yeast n roll them out really thin about 2/3mm thick

I will try that also...baking powder is quicker, but I wonder which tastes best :)

The bread I normally eat when out and about is crispbread, but fresh bread feels a bit luxurious...

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I will try that also...baking powder is quicker, but I wonder which tastes best :)

The bread I normally eat when out and about is crispbread, but fresh bread feels a bit luxurious...

Yeah it's all good.thinking on a couple of drops of olive oil into the mix really loosens up the dough.think pizza base !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE