Braemar

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
We were camping, at the caravan club site, at Braemar over Easter. Showery weather and chilly nights. I forgot my sleeping bag in the rush up there but used two wool blankets, travel, and was surprised how warm it was. I bought a cheap 2 season bag as well. We used the inner for my Quecha Base tent, worked well, di not really reduce the inner space much, 2.25m Sqr.

Unfortunately the snow had reduced from Thursday night, all round the site at 305m. So by Friday during the day the runs at The Lecht were too narrow to bother, as I'm still a beginner slider/boarder. A walk into Bob Scott's bothy and other adventures inc. a blast on the 'snow cat' and 'agro cat' at the Marr Lodge open day was had. Impressive Stags Heads in the Ballroom at Marr Lodge, over a thousand.

These Base tents allow docking of up to four other tents, to allow dry transfer. They were £75 four years ago and were dropped off the market but are back. Ideal for changing in and you can have the doors open in rain.

IMAG1782 by Nick_Scots, on Flickr

QUECHUA BASE INNER by Nick_Scots, on Flickr

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good stuff Nick, I'll be having a couple of nights on that site on the TGO next month

I was admiring those tents at Mer de Glace campsite Chamonix a couple of years ago, some Spanish chaps were using a bunch of them storing climbing gear in one and living out of the others. Our 3 man 2 second one is holding up well so far but I'll look at those again sometime.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
They dock well, we have a 1 second, 3 second and two second. The inner was bought four years ago never used it till the weekend.

Your dog will love the site as there is a great network of paths opposite the front door of the site. The toilet block is heated and has a hot boot room and drying room which helps.

The campers cook shelter is quite unsheltered though. My brothers dog loved the snow and antler hunting walks at 6.30am every day !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE