Boy's intro.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
A mate and I decided to take our boys out in the woods for a one nighter, just to get them used to it. We had both their mothers and sisters join for hot choc and marshmallows but it was boys only after dark.

Venison stew for tea, scrambled eggs, made in a zip lok bag with bacon and beans for brekky, plus tons of coffee.

Hot chocolate time

Telling stories around the fire

Ending the day in the hammock, with the Beano.....

Brekky on

The boys both said they wanted to stay and live there, my son and I are going with another one of his friends next week, this is going to be a regular thing, it's ten minutes from home and on my friends farm!

I will go with the chainsaw at times to refill the wood pile and keep it ready for us to go whenever we can.

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
Great report, I bet your kids are well bitten by the bushcrafting bug now. Love the dog listening to the campfire stories, he looks more scared than the kids. ;)

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
The dark haired boy is mine, the other is his friend. Decided not to take my dogs, Poppy barked and growled at the fox circling our camp, mine would have chased it a couple of miles.

We're out next week, maybe with another of his friends!

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Great stuff! its great to see young ones in the wood rather than sat in front of the Tv. I took my 3 year old boy out for his first night out in the woods the other weekend and he loved it. when i picked him up from his mothers he was playing computer games on the tv and barely noticing i was there, 10 mins in the wood and he had found a stick which was his stick for the next 24hrs, a log became a digger and later a bus.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
This is about his 20th camping trip and third Bushcraft one but the first since he has been up to make the most of it - first in a hammock, under a tarp, lighting the fire etc.

Thanks for the kind words. I think my threads on here show my kids have a proper outdoors life.

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
Brilliant mate. and good pics too. Nice to see people taking their children proper camping. I wish i would have had holidays like this as a child instead of bloody caravans.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE