Bow Strings

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
Anyone got any ideas on what's the best thing to use for a DIY bowstring? I've been using triple braided hemp string but it's already fraying. I think Dacron is the proper stuff, but I've no idea where to buy it or what weight/grade to buy. I'm just tying the string onto the knocks BTW, so loops are not essential.

Cheers!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
http://www.bow-plus.co.uk
These guys are a pleasure to deal with. They will make up a string for any bow length.
I popped down to their shop last weekend and a 67inch string served was about 3.99. For a long string i use about 10 strands of 40lb dacron fishing line that i got as a trade from here.

No affiliation with bow plus just happy customer, oh and if you can get to their shop the archery huting simulator is a right laugh:D you can even use your own bow ;)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
I'll make you one tonight if you like. PM your address and the nock-nock length and I'll stick it in the post tomorrow.

...or if you'd rather twist one yourself I'll send you some dacron and serving material. I've got miles of the stuff.

No charge either way, I quite enjoy making them. :)

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
Thanks for your help everyone.

Grooveski said:
I'll make you one tonight if you like. PM your address and the nock-nock length and I'll stick it in the post tomorrow

What a cool offer to make! A big and genuine thank you for that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE