Bovril Cubes...what's going on?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I've been using the mini Magi stockcubes. A lot smaller that OXO types and one does a cup/small mug and two for a big mug. So small they pack away better than the other types too. Quite tasty - though a bit strange for me at first as remarkably I'm Scottish and didn't like salt all my life 'till after a recent operation? Also handy for flavouring noodles/cous-cous and the likes when out.

You'll find them in Polish grocers and larger Tescos in the ethnic foods section.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Bovril, Marmite and OXO all the way, I carry a box of OXO cubes in the food section lol, as said, drink it, flavour stuff with it, it is soooooooooooooooooo versatile :D

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
i ve never ate a mars bar since they changed the receipe in the 1980s. Hate the new soft version. If oxo changes that me finished with them as well.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
McVities digestive biscuits had their recipe changed but after consumer complaints they are launching 'Traditional' (original) recipe biscuits...why mess in the first place.
Cost cutting, army rat packs used to contain a silver beef drink. Not seen it in the recent packs :(

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Over to Oxo then. I used to like a Bovril and was wondering why I couldn't find them.

I assume at some point Bovril as we knew it will be resumed with the ever so nice people responsible for its return lauded for their consumer care, and free publicity will also be nice:rolleyes:

Darwa

Forager
Apr 12, 2013
Cambridge
Don't suppose you have pics or links to the good/bad Oxo cubes, do you?

I bought a pack of the 'normal' ones in my local Tesco a few days ago, and this is the first I've heard about any changes, so if needed, I'll go stock up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE