Born to survive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnboy06

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2006
Ellesmere Port
Hi all , has anyone been watching that Born to Survive on ch4? What do you think of it? I watched about 15 mins last night of it (it gets in the way of dancing on ice which is now finished :lmao: ). Just wondering if its any good. From the bit i saw i thought the guy i think its bear grylls or something, took some big risks last night he was stuck on a deserted island and he say a water bottle in the water off of some huge cliffs and in some very rough water. He then said it could be crucial to survival (but unless i missed it he never said why) and jumped in after it :eek: . Anyways i didnt get to see much of it so is it any good?

Johnboy06

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2006
Ellesmere Port
Ah i c cheers ill have a look i did a search for born to survive couldnt get anything. Well im no expert but put it this way ray mears was on at the same time and it was an episode id seen and i still wish id watched it lol. Didnt want to judge tho with my no experience

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just so you know, he decided to build a raft to get off the island, and he used the 5lt container(which just happened to be there aswell as a banana tree which came during the night so he could build his raft!) to carry fresh water for his journey.

Now you know!:D

I thought watching the film 'Castaway' with Tom Hanks was better!!:lmao:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
What I want to know is, in a previous episode he climbed a tree using his shoe laces around his ankles to form a sort of foot grip harness, why didn't he do the same to climb that Palm tree to get the coconuts???

The sun was obviously getting to him:D

Johnboy06

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2006
Ellesmere Port
I also saw his clips on harry hills tv burb i didnt realise they were the best bits :lmao: . I read that thread doesnt seem like anyones got much good to say about him. Im sure on harry hills tv burb he said ex sas if im rite doesnt this beg the question of how come at such a young age hes not there anymore?

*cough* kicked out *cough*

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Johnboy06 said:
I also saw his clips on harry hills tv burb i didnt realise they were the best bits :lmao: . I read that thread doesnt seem like anyones got much good to say about him. Im sure on harry hills tv burb he said ex sas if im rite doesnt this beg the question of how come at such a young age hes not there anymore?

*cough* kicked out *cough*

He had a parachuting accident and broke his back.
That might just explain it!

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well if I remember correctly he was the youngest Brit to climb Mont Everest...( I think) Well he has got my respect for that and some other pretty cool adventures ( long rowing crossings, arctic stuff etc) As for the show I will watch them all and appreciate it for what it is a tv programme that has hints of interesting stuff but as a darts commentator would say ' Bent the wire' not quite the double top!
Got to say its better than what else was on. :rolleyes:
D

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Well if I remember correctly he was the youngest Brit to climb Mont Everest...( I think)
You are correct...he was at the time... though younger brits have now climb the mountain. And he has done some wacky stuff.... like paddleing a bath tub down the Thames for charity and having dinner suspended under a hot air balloon .... no wonder C4 on their website call him a cross between Ray Mears,Rambo and Jackass. :D

:)
Ed

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ed said:
You are correct...he was at the time... though younger brits have now climb the mountain. And he has done some wacky stuff.... like paddleing a bath tub down the Thames for charity and having dinner suspended under a hot air balloon .... no wonder C4 on their website call him a cross between Ray Mears,Rambo and Jackass. :D

:)
Ed

Don't forget he actually set a world record the day he had his dinner suspended under that balloon, He also led a world record breaking team that crossed the Atlantic in a dingi of all things!

Oh by the way Johnboy06 please explain to me what an SAS guy is supposed to act like or have you been watching too many movies!:lmao:

Broke

Mar 20, 2007
Okinawa, Japan
this show is called "Man vs Wild" in the States. if you do a search on YouTube for "man vs wild", you'll pull up all the shows from the first season.

i though this show in the UK was called Stranded?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Broke said:
this show is called "Man vs Wild" in the States. if you do a search on YouTube for "man vs wild", you'll pull up all the shows from the first season.

i though this show in the UK was called Stranded?

I think you might have got this show mixed up with another one fella, are you sure 'Man vs Wild' is Bear Grylls?

Broke

Mar 20, 2007
Okinawa, Japan
100% sure. ex Brit Spec Forces guy. He goes through his schpeil before every show. (lol actually the first sentence of every show he says, "I'm Bear Grylls.")

our Discovery/Science channel renamed the show to Man VS Wild.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Broke said:
100% sure. ex Brit Spec Forces guy. He goes through his schpeil before every show. (lol actually the first sentence of every show he says, "I'm Bear Grylls.")

our Discovery/Science channel renamed the show to Man VS Wild.

Fair enough, You guys even get our shows before us!!:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE