Boots rubbing heels

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
My mum always recommends sitting in with a new pair of shoes or boots - just wearing
them around the house, ideally in the evening when you're sitting down (in my case
chatting to you lot or watching television!) - works for me.

That lacing sneakery is a bit clever. I'd never even heard of anyone doing that before!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ive had a look at my feet and they are all over dead skin with a few corns.

looks like ill have to fettle them a bit...which is the best way to soften corns to rub off with the pumice?

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Ive had a look at my feet and they are all over dead skin with a few corns.

looks like ill have to fettle them a bit...which is the best way to soften corns to rub off with the pumice?

Tengu, I am known locally as 'Tootsie' due to certain skills that I possess with womens feet, including the removal of corns and dead skin. PM me your address and a convenient time and I will come round and sort you out. Affectionately, 'Toots';)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats a very kind and generous offer Aaron but I ought to sort them out myself.

If I cant look after my own feet then what can I do?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Aaron, don't tease :rolleyes:

Tengu. Altogether too much information. :yuck: I know I really didn't want to know so many details about your feet. For future reference, if you want to discuss personal health, hygene, medical, or whatever you call the condition of your feet, there are other sites to do it...where you are less liable to gross out the members and where you can probably find the answer without having to ask.

Boots, fine

Corns, not fine.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I can highly recommend Aaron (Tootsie). He is studying to be a podiatrist and sorted out the corns on my feet. He is very good at the job. He told me that its very important to get them sorted as soon as possible as they can lead to other foot problems.
Thanks again mate....:You_Rock_

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats ok, but Ill work on it myself.

Ill ask Aaron if I have any unsolvable problems.

(Just annoyed my father by asking his assistance with non working screen washers...he advised me to put water in the tank, and not to bother him `before` checking tank. Duh.)

We must all help ourselves. but we must also know when to ask for help, and when to help others.

and, C Claycomb, corns are an important part of bootfitting and managing footcare in the field, same as dealing with blisters (going from a nongrusome to a grusome condition there!)

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Thats ok, but Ill work on it myself.

Ill ask Aaron if I have any unsolvable problems.

(Just annoyed my father by asking his assistance with non working screen washers...he advised me to put water in the tank, and not to bother him `before` checking tank. Duh.)

We must all help ourselves. but we must also know when to ask for help, and when to help others.

and, C Claycomb, corns are an important part of bootfitting and managing footcare in the field, same as dealing with blisters (going from a nongrusome to a grusome condition there!)
Yeah Mr. Claycomb, can't help but feel you are being a bit 'cornist' here (Not to be confused with Cornish) I am finding Tengu's descriptive text relating to her galloping footrot rivetting and dare I say a bit exciting - Maybe Aaron and I could do one foot each? ;) :D

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Yeah Mr. Claycomb, can't help but feel you are being a bit 'cornist' here (Not to be confused with Cornish) I am finding Tengu's descriptive text relating to her galloping footrot rivetting and dare I say a bit exciting - Maybe Aaron and I could do one foot each? ;) :D

YOU LEAVE HER ALONE 'MATE' I WAS HERE FIRST

Vibrant

Jan 10, 2009
Australia
I would loop round like this on the first (lowest) lace hook. This has the effect of locking in place whatever tension you have placed on the foot. Otherwise as you walk the tension on the foot and ankle can even out possibly allowing the foot to slide forward and the heel to move.

Scoops

I cannot thank you enough for your advice. I have a pair of Scarpa boots that have been giving me grief around the heels. I tried your suggestions today and my heels were fine. So simple but made a huge difference. Many thanks for an awesome tip.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Managed to scrounge some `no name` walking boots

they fit me fine but, lets face it, Im an eternal trainer wearer, and they are heavy and rub my heels

is this a `sign of doom` or I need better socks, better maintained heels (they are all over dead skin at the moment) or something easily fixed?

------------------------------------------------

While on the subject of footwear that vexes me, I still have those doc martens from years back I have hardly worn as they rub me; is there any way of taming them?

An excellent way to prevent heel slippage is to use the '''Runner's Tie Knot''', as the name suggests it keeps boot/shoe firmly in place under strenuous use, i use it myself and it makes an enormous difference to comfort especially when going downhill, see the link added for how to tie the knot and also other useful knots/info on laces. http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/locklacing.htm

PS -- ever wondered why a lot of sports footwear has ''two'' close eyelets at the top, well this is specifically designed to suit the locklacing tying method.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I suffer from arthritis especially in the ankles, one day I cut out a layer of that blue sleeping mat stuff (I have a thermarest type now) and inserted into my boots, what an amazing difference it has on my feet...need to get them amputated next week....nahhh! I jest, my feet feel brill nowadays.

Try putting some at the back of yer boots.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE