"Bootfair" Drawknives from France

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rickety-root

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2006
leicester
Hey biker

that's an awfully generous offer an I for one would love to take you up on it. If you came across a froe or side axe at such reasonable prices, that would be great too.

PM me if you have any success.

thanks

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Another one for a/many draw knifes, ideally a larger and smaller.
But will hapily have, large bill hooks (the hand and a half double sided ones), large axe heads, froe, side axe, Adze or any hollowing impliments and/or rounders you come across.

Although i sispect i am at the bottom of a very long list of people here!

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
First batch of drawknives got sent out yesterday to JohnC and Celt_Ginger. I was told they should be with you by next Wednesday or Thursday. Postage was more than I was quoted, but since this is the first shipment, no worries, there was bound to be some small hiccups. Anyway, please let me know when they get to you.

I've sent out some PM's to the next people on the list as they move up but haven't heard back from a couple of them yet. Maybe they only check this site at the weekend.

I'm off to 3 biggish vide greniers (A French bootfair) this weekend so I'm hoping for some success again.

Last edited:

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Hello, le drawknife arrived today, many thanks...

drawknife1.jpg

Here it is sitting out the back,

drawknife2.jpg

I needed a new tentpeg for the yurt so I gave it a quick go, and as expected, it works! Now I need to get a bit more skilled with it.

Many thanks for the initial offer and for doing all the work!!

Biker

Hi JohnC Glad to see it's only just out of the package and already being used. Long may it continue in faithful servitude.

I can't stand to see good tools left languishing in a box when there's always someone who needs one.

Pleased for the both of you. Can we get an "Awwwww" here? Thanks. :lmao:

It won't take long to get used to using it either, I'd never really had much cause to use one much before coming to France, but I like working sometimes on rustic style projects. A few minutes with that tool and it's soon sitting up and begging and bringing back the ball for you.

"Less is more" is the secret, I'd say. i.e. don't try and take off too big a chunk at once.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
i can see it now, drawknife shows up and within 10 mins i'm building a shave horse.
missus says "What on earth is that?"

"Art dear, Art..."

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
A quick update. I had some trouble with the van while down in the boonies and my first priority once I figured out what was wrong was to get it back to England ASAP. So to be honest I clean forgot about drawknives and axe heads. My route didn't take me past Biker's residence this time as it happened.

It looks like weight hasn't been a big issue so far but the offer is still there if there's a heap of iron to transport. My next trip will probably be in the first week or two of July.

Cheers,
Ged.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE